The "panic," John, is pretty much over. (But I have to laugh at the notion that
the promise of a tax rebate would stop a persistent stock market panic.)

 Judy,

 I'm not going against Alan Greenspan's observations.  Actually, if the stock
market tanks substantially, I might go back in the market again.  Also, to stop
the panic, the government should try Dubya Bush's tactic many years ago.
That's to give a tax rebate to the people --a less expensive option than the
Swiss guaranteed income for all its citizen.

 The markets are already beginning to stabilize. It's silly to panic over
day-to-day fluctuations, even big ones like this (especially if you don't have
money in the stock market!).

 Far more concerning, IMHO, is the sudden substantial increase in hate crimes
against immigrants in Britain after the Brexit vote.

 Easier said than done, especially if you don't have any money invested in
stocks.  Next, the Fed would probably cut the interest rate.  But it's already
near 0 percent now.  So, cutting the interest rate would probably  not stop the
downfall.

 If your money's in the stock market, leave it there.

 No, Really: Just Ignore Day-to-Day Stock Market Fluctuations
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/business/no-really-just-ignore-day-to-day-stock-market-fluctuations.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/business/no-really-just-ignore-day-to-day-stock-market-fluctuations.html

 No, Really: Just Ignore Day-to-Day Stock Market Fluctua...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/business/no-really-just-ignore-day-to-day-stock-market-fluctuations.html
 If you take the long view, what happens this week in the markets is really not
a big deal.

 View on www.nytimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/business/no-really-just-ignore-day-to-day-stock-market-fluctuations.html
 Preview by Yahoo

 The effects of Brexit have not abated.  This looks like the summer of
discontent for most investors.  Where the best place to park your money now?

 Dow closes 260 points lower as Brexit fallout continues
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-closes-260-points-lower-as-brexit-fallout-continues/ar-AAhEflD?ocid=spartanntp

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-closes-260-points-lower-as-brexit-fallout-continues/ar-AAhEflD?ocid=spartanntp

 Dow closes 260 points lower as Brexit fallout continues
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-closes-260-points-lower-as-brexit-fallout-continues/ar-AAhEflD?ocid=spartanntp
 Stocks on Monday continued a rout sparked by Britain’s shock vote to leave the
European Union, with the Dow falling more than 250 points after equities on F...

 View on www.msn.com

  • [FairfieldLife] DOW Contin... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re: D... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLife] R... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]