Re Ann's "I have as much sympathy and empathy with "White Christian America" as
I do with that bullfighter":

 Would you say: "I have as much sympathy and empathy with Black American
Muslims as I do with that bullfighter" ?

 No you wouldn't.

 Aren't whites getting "paranoid" because they keep seeing those double
standards?

 "It’s impossible to grasp the depth of many white Americans’ anxieties and
fears—or comprehend recent phenomena like the rise of the Tea Party or Donald
Trump in American politics, the zealous tone of the final battles over gay
rights, or the racial tensions that have spiked over the last few years—without
understanding that, along with its population, America’s religious and cultural
landscape is being fundamentally altered."

 The Eclipse of White Christian America
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/the-eclipse-of-white-christian-america/490724/

 The Eclipse of White Christian America
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/the-eclipse-of-white-christian-america/490724/
 A once powerful demographic group is losing ground in American politics.

 View on www.theatlantic.com
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/the-eclipse-of-white-christian-america/490724/
 Preview by Yahoo

 I have as much sympathy and empathy with "White Christian America" as I do
with that bullfighter.

 Feste says: You are in a churlish mood today. So who are the lucky recipients
of your sympathy and empathy?