 From: "dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 4:47 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Battle of Shiloh

 Emotionally charged vasana in the nervous system..  A special curiosity within
the hobby of historical re-enacting is this thing of running up against some
folks who are so identified, defended and obsessed about their ancestors, those
people particularly on the losing south side of the rebellion against the
United States.
 It always seemed a deep karma there when you run into it particularly with the
Southern confederate re-enactment element.  Generally, I have heard it said
that it takes seven generations to clear the bad blood of an area.  It seems so
with this for some people within their cultural DNA and their ancestral genetic
DNA too.

 Thinking now of PTSD and a place like, Serbia. Afghanistan. Syria.

 “.. the subliminal inclinations and habit patterns which, as driving forces,
color and motivate one's attitudes and future actions Vasanas are the
conglomerate results of samskaras (subconscious impressions) created through
experience. Samskaras, experiential impressions, combine in the subconscious to
form vasanas, which thereafter contribute to mental fluctuations, called vritti
http://veda.wikidot.com/word:vritti. The most complex and emotionally charged
vasanas are found in the dimension of mind called vasana chitta (the
subsubconscious).”

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Yep, Fairfield and Jefferson County Iowa shopkeepers and farmers were in line
arrayed there at Shiloh defending the United States of America against that
confederacy of completely rebellious and retrograde slave-interests in the
country then.

 Yep Fairfield, Iowa folks proly chased those terroristic rebel skedaddle-ers
who had taken up arms against the US Constitution and public order on to
Corinth and eventually on to Appomattox too.  The Annals of Iowa has published
good first hand accounts about those times. Iowa and Fairfield, Iowa was there.

 srijau writes,

one of my great Grandfathers also fought under Grant's command.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Col. Leed, you might enjoy this about the underground railroad.  ..I conducted
a re-enactment once of a ‘runaway’ escape of a group of slaves fugitive from
Missouri farms to Iowa.

 See the recap:

http://www.icelandichorse.info/salemfugitiveslaves/conductingtheundergroundrailroad2002.html

http://www.icelandichorse.info/salemfugitiveslaves/conductingtheundergroundrailroad2002.html

 A couple of tour operators..
 Two Old Conductors of the Underground Railroad in Iowa:
 http://www.icelandichorse.info/salemfugitiveslaves/louisdoug2.JPG
http://www.icelandichorse.info/salemfugitiveslaves/louisdoug2.JPG

 Salem & the Fugitive
 Slave Era
 Iowa Quakers, abolitionist activism, the Underground Railroad
 Homepage:

 http://www.icelandichorse.info/salemfugitiveslaves.html
http://www.icelandichorse.info/salemfugitiveslaves.html

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <wle...@aol.com> wrote :

 My great grand father Wm D, Leed of New Holland PA was  at Gettysburg & other
engagements  with The Penn  Federal union troops, gggf on mom's side hid the
family silver not much in the cow barn 64 miles away at Red Run near Ephrata PA
that time & could hear the cannon fire those days. as they did in Philly as
well. He related the vultures followed the army & ate well.. gggf  H/a Rev as
well.,Shimp was prosecuted 4 having stolen property in his possession was
Mennonite & although such always asked 4 a jury ( 12) men,  & found either NOT
guilty or acquitted some 13 times as no propriety was ever located in his
possession Fugitive  Slave Law. of 1850