I didn't see any name-calling or personal insults in this discussion either.

 I went though several back posts and didn't notice any personal insults.  I
*usually* don't go there. Only one person, I can think of, that I'll get into
an name calling contest with and only because that was *his* M.O.

 From: "dhamiltony2k5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 12:37 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Civil War in 4 minutes

 Yes, this was example of internet argumentation devolving into personal
insult.   Of the moving from consideration of ideas to contending personal
assault, as Ben Franklin was pointing out about consideration and contending.
Sort of a corollary to Godwin’s Law,  that as internet discussions go on long
enough sooner or later someone will start in with personalized insult meant to
personally degrade and be  hurtful of others.
 As Franklin also points out in his autobiography this can take a bit of
humility for some people to abstain from the personalized assault and stay with
ideas.
 “My list of virtues continued at first but twelve; but a Quaker friend having
kindly informed me that I was generally thought proud, that my pride showed
itself frequently in conversation, that I was not content with being in the
right when discussing any point, but was overbearing and rather insolent, of
which he convinced me by mentioning several instances, I determined endeavoring
to cure myself, if I could, of this vice or folly among the rest, and I added
Humility to my list, giving an extensive meaning to the word”.  -B. Franklin

 Gee Doug, I didn't start the thread. Where was *anyone* going spiritually....
group mediation ends slavery in America? Thom's a *big boy*, he has a delete
button and can choose to read or delete anything he chooses. I know I do. When
I used to get a hundred e-mails a day from FFL, I bet I deleted 90% of them. or
more.
 You also know how threads digress quickly on FFL.
  Whenever I see a blanket statement that I know is plain wrong, I'm usually
going to speak up, even if that person is offended that I don't agree with
them..
 If you want to go somewhere *spiritual*l with this, knowledge is structure in
consciousnesses or one man's truth is another man's lie.
..
 ..
 “For we are sent hither to consult not contend, with each other; and
Declaration of a fix’ Opinion, and of determined Resolutions never to change
it, neither enlighten nor convince us.”  -B Franklin