Ollie, you are right on both levels. I am journalizing here about what [great]
spiritual people also are observing in their experience. Pope Francis and the
Dalai Lama proly say the same thing, my sister-in-law who is deep with the SRF
[Yogananda] spiritual movement reports similarly, that a pace in modern times
evidently is exacerbating un-cultivated energies with consequences on a level.
Evidently this is not the first time in history whence profound technological
change hath wrought deeper or debasing mental agitations. Maybe not on your
remote mesa out there but people who travel are seeing and recording a change
in a collective human condition.
 That NPR interview reflects on it too,  “Do we have issues now? Yes. Are they
greater now? Yes, because of the split second that you get the news, it happens
in Dallas at 6:01 and it’s all over the world at 6:05. So we’re hearing things
more now. So is it better? Yes. Opportunities? Yes. Up to me now? Yes. Freedom
to get your education? Yes. Freedom to go where you need to go? Yes. So, when
we say that [it's better] and, I’ll use this term, the millennials say, "How
can you say it’s better when we have all these issues today?" Well, Mr.
Millennial, you hadn’t been there. You weren’t there. So let me enjoy my better.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesed...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Am I reading this right? This notion that being connected to the Internet
somehow destroys our inner silence? That sounds like mood-making. There is
nothing that can destroy the silence within, unless it is unstable and not yet
established. Once established, it quietly radiates. That's it. There is a net
forward momentum, unshaken, not stirred ether - lol. "The lamp that does not
flicker in a windless place."

 The Spiritual Fairfield, Iowa Coffee haus Satsanga observes, post-modernism:

 Debasing, debasing in a sense, it sounds like a judgement but it is not. All
it is is in degrees of separation from your spiritual center.   All it is is
degrees of connection to your spiritual center.         Quite literally
debasing, as a base is what helps you navigate life. Everyone has a life that
has its stuff in it.  Life is personal , we have our personal stuff, our
collective stuff, lineage stuff, so we are busy, busy doing all this all the
time working at it but the beauty, the Jai Guru Dev, of what we have is that we
have something that restores us to our base.
 These people are being actively and consistently debased.  It isn’t healthy.
They become mentally ill.  They become emotionally ill. They suffer, their
families suffer, it is so sad.  The community suffers, it is so sad.

 We are no longer watering the root.  We are losing the (spiritual) arts to
distractions of the internet and gradually the subtle disappears from the
world.  Sit easy in meditation.  Do sadhana.  Go inside, going inside is very
important when one gives up our body (to the 'commotion') then we can
understand the shakti-maya. Meditate easily more. As the chakras clear the
mental field clears. Meditate more -Karunamayi, Trenton, NJ July 2016

 "Something internal has to take place.."

 MMY apparently said, “All stress is in the heart”.  Getting to the heart there
was an insightful bit of journalism on NPR Marketplace recently.  Ostensibly
the piece was about racism in America. But within the piece there was an
insightful bit about an inside of the problem.

 "..Rights to do what?  There’s right to do good.  There’s right to be treated
right.  There is something out there that is trying to create separation in its
most violent form. But we had some foundation not to retaliate in a violent
way. [Martin Luther King, Gandhi] This generation does not have that and  sadly
innocent lives are taken.  How do we stop it?  Changing Presidents and
governors won’t change it.  The political arena won’t change it. I can’t fix
you.  Something internal has to take place.. "
 quote from,
http://www.marketplace.org/2016/07/20/economy/how-deck-stacked/its-sometimes-sunny-philadelphia

 In ongoing satsanga in Downtown Fairfield, Iowa the spiritual satsanga
observes: that people overburdened and destabilized..
 "So then it spins out, the spiritual ego, the sense of “I am a being of light,
I am connected to God”, a spirit, a inner life is not there. So then they are
tormented there, they end up becoming tormented by the concepts of their field.
They end up tormented by the content of their field."

 Dispirited. Interesting by comparison, the coming on of the industrial
revolution propelled by technologies then that displaced 18th and 19th Century
artisan and village life into concentrated urban slums, concentrations of
wealth moving people off of land and out of homes this evidently triggered a
similar mental agitation then in the collective of ‘yogic-body’ or the subtle
system and light body then. An agitation like we see with this current digital
e- technology revolution that has eliminated needs for whole categories of
clerical and industrial manufacturing work and turned a lot of people out in to
being renters.

 Likewise this modern technology revolution even in farming has certainly
de-populated the rural landscape here in Iowa concentrating land ownership in
to the hands of absentee land-owning and driving a new class of landless
operators by rent of the land from the owner class. Suicide rates in farmers
now are some of the highest given all the turbulence of rapid technological
change in agriculture.

 I been reading about the Paris communard of the 1870’s and they talk about
this mental agitation of their period as “the social question”.  There was lots
of mental commotion going on then also with varying models of description about
what was going on and the cause. Eventually Marx published his own commentary
and economic theories by the end of the 19th century.  Lot of mental commotion
though that is told as economic and political revolt that evidently was also in
the psycho-spiritual of the spiritual fields of the mental bodies.  - “The
Social Question” manifest.

 This is true, Ollie but here it is observed again about the collective in
trend..  I am out in NJ right now on a meditation retreat weekend where a
post-modern mental agitation or chaotic disability is again pointed at as a
collective phenomena in the subtle or spiritual system of nervous systems, what
Karunamayi here from her travels is labeling, a mental ‘‘commotion’ as in what
she is calling the sidha or yogic bodies.  She does agree with you in extent
about the transformational effect that one person ‘subsided in commotions’ can
have on others and the importance of that for now and in the collective.

 She, Karunamayi, is an amazingly persistent stalwart sadhana advocate.
Advocating, inciting folks to make use of all that is the human being
birthright.   Old TM'ers who were with Maharishi on courses in the 1960’s and
70’s would enjoy this satsang and fit right in.  In ways she is most like
Maharishi right now.  About 500 people came here for a weekend silent
meditation retreat. It is a lot of long silent meditating as a group with her.
Is interesting also that these are serious meditation practitioners from all
over the place and different meditator movements.  It is quite a powerful
group.     http://www.karunamayi.org/world-tour/purnima-retreat/

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 The issue though exacerbated by these digital baby sitters aka smart phones,
is the imbalance within. Nothing wrong with communication devices. I sure don't
want a return to tethered rotary phones, and have my weekly source of trivia be
antenna TV, and "That's Incredible!", with Kathy Lee Crosby and Jon
Davidson...lol
 The key with 'smart' tools is to ensure they don't use you, instead of the
other way around. The hubub around being so device-oriented is already calming
down among younger kids - just another thing to have in your pocket, like a
pocket knife or yo-yo was to us.

Regarding collective mental agitation the only way to do something about it
[for others] is to transcend the nature of the Self and abide in all things.
This is the only way to foster peace on a large scale, each of us continue
developing consciousness, into wholeness [Unity] and then totality [Brahman].

 Within Satsang Fairfield, Iowa..  There is satsang, spiritual conversation,
going on all the time it seems everywhere you go in Fairfield. In shops, on the
streets and sidewalks in passing, at the hardware store, out while pumping gas,
in the grocery stores, on porches, in cafes.   Active Spirituality it seems is
in so much of a conversation in Fairfield. Fairfield is a remarkable place this
way. Satsang: A spiritual
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/spiritual#spiritual__2
 discourse
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/discourse#discourse__2
 or sacred
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/sacred#sacred__2
 gathering
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/gathering#gathering__2.

 In listening, here is more along the lines of satsang-like conversation from
Fairfield about what seems a general or collective mental agitation in our
modern times.. On this topic from sitting with folks having coffee at one of
the cafes one day and other comments from after a collective meditation in
town..
 #

 "Computers and digital media, we all do it. It is a tool that we all use that
we get sucked into often by necessity. It is a tool where people are not out
engaged face-to-face with others, out with others, they are not out in nature
in the simplest ways, so then you end up with un-grounded people who are,
depending on what they are watching, if they are watching violence, horrific
violence, and doing violent games, which some of these people I work with do,
pornography too, oh my god it eats up, it eats up, it invites in the most base
vile energies into your system.

..When you do this it is an astrality, it affects the emotions. So, when the
emotional subtle body becomes destabilized with this, when it is loaded with
all these impressions and all these very mixed and some of them very degraded
types of emotional states then it throws everything off so then the person
can't find themselves, can't find their source, they can't find their soul
because they have this overburdened wildly out of control astral body."

 These Fairfield people and Ammachi for example are looking at what seems an
ambient mental field ‘agitation’ going on in the collective, and looking at
evidently what is debasing that is trend in the rise of the post-modern
digital/media age. Someone relating:

 I worked recently with a dad, he felt very frightened, angry; like a
mass-media kind of hysterical person.  They are just so overwhelmed with no
respite from it and they don’t even know how to find it.
 Those are kind of fatiguing, there is not a lot of meeting. It is not like
they are evil people, it is just they are afflicted.  And, probably they could
hold some pretty angry thoughts.

 You just do what you can do in a session.  So, I bring in light, I pray for
help, whatever maximally can be absorbed, fine, let it be so.  Whatever can be
done to help this person make it maximally beneficial to this person so they
get some relief, get some base so that they have some experience with it other
than their agitation.  As to its enduring value I get no idea at the time other
than just the potential of shifting something that will help them find
themselves.

 Yes, your sensibility about ‘pedal to the metal' is practical advice along
with MMY’s ‘dying the cloth’ for ‘meditate and act’ as analogy for spacey-cadet
seekers along the way..  And, assuming there is a collective increase in
spirituality going on, as you say, to integrate spiritual growth as a
householder then 'pedal to the metal' in practical life.
 Similarly in Ammachi’s reflection on this other trend phenomena [debased
mental fields] she also included, find points to help others. .. to help ground
the agitated human being in addition to spiritual practices.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Yep, there are always trade-offs and challenges with any new technology. Not
sure why this is a big deal. Sometimes it seems that the increased sensitivity
growing from spiritual practices ends up making people weaker and more
victimized, which is standing the whole thing on its head. The best way to
integrate spiritual growth as a householder, is damn the torpedoes, full steam
ahead.

 Mental chaos, of the Post-Modern World..

 Someone in Fairfield commenting

 It depends on the situation but some can have a phenomenal amount of mental
agitation.  Sometimes when I put my hands out and feel into their emotional
body, there is such distress, So much that it throws them off balance. The
distress throws them off, there is no coherence, it is just reactive and no
feeling of alignment in the system.  Sometimes you will feel something, about
how they were before like when they were children when they were younger and
had more native alignment as children, but the agitation is pretty rough.
 Q: This 'alignment', becomes an indicator of the continuum of spirituality, of
spiritual well-being?

 A: Yes, if there is no alignment it means the intelligence of the chakras is
not coordinated, they are not really informing each other.  So, you have all
these blocks. Certain chakras, often times the lower ones are sitting on the
shelf, the hearts are cut off, the throats are cut off, they will have all this
mental agitation in the mental field above.

 ..Ammachi spoke that it is by grace of nature (spiritual practice and good
life) that we can be integrated and help ourselves spiritually as human beings.
.

 93rd Psalm:

 Grace! 'Tis a charming sound,
 Harmonious to the ear;
 Heav'n with the echo shall resound,
 And all the earth shall hear.

 Grace first inscribed the way
 To save rebellious man;
 And all the steps that grace display,
 Which drew the wondrous plan.

 Grace taught my wand'ring feet
 To tread the heav'nly road.
 And all the steps that grace display,
 Which drew the wondrous plan.

 Grace all the work shall crown
 Through everlasting days;
 It lays in heav'n the top-most stone,
 And well deserves our praise.

 No, Empty, Maharishi was very much working on this too in his last technique
that he was developing in the last years of his life, the Ved and Physiology
technique. This was a technique to cultivate the integration of the mental
fields and subtle system fields in the body of the human physiology. With some
awareness you could use all the Maharishi programs to do this.  Quite frankly
if someone used all the venues of practices Maharishi offered the subtle system
then one gets integrated into.. an integrated enlightenment of the spiritual
system whole.

 A month or so ago Dr. Antoine Nader, Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaraam, you may call
him Tony Nader, was telling a group of us in the Dome that he would be teaching
vibrational techniques related to this in the close future.

 Very likely if the great sage and spiritual teacher Maharishi Mahesh Yogi were
alive still today he would be commenting on the debasing spiritual influence in
aggravated mental fields as a downside of the coming of the post-modern
ubiquitous use of digital media devices throughout culture.
 -JaiGuruYou

 #

Are you not substituting Ammachi's pronouncements for the clear statements of
MMY?

Why the duplicity?

 #

 Post-Modern Gadget/Product technologies..

 This past week in Chicago Ammachi in satsang there spoke to what she is seeing
in people as she tours as a psycho-spiritual phenomena of disintegrating the
human being spiritual subtle system by technology gadget.  She spoke to this in
her homilies before and after the group meditations there.  That there is a
world-wide problem in mental and environmental agitation now from electronic
gadgets having becoming ubiquitous creating its own disabling dis-ease with a
mental agitation within people world-wide.

 paraphrasing Ammachi's spiritual talks:

 ..That in cultural remedy to the spiritual disintegrating agitated values of
this techno-gadget materialism people do need to be out in nature, plant
gardens and trees, be with animals, walk out in nature, do their spiritual
practices that stabilize their systems, and get away from their gadgets.  And,
to help integrate themselves find points to help others. That this mental
agitation of the subtle system is now a world-wide problem that must be tackled
directly for everyone’s and the world's well-being.

 Post-Modern Gadget/Product technologies..

 Yep.  And product/gadget technologies that are destabilizing to the human
system, without cultivated or deeper spiritual discernments of what the gadgets
do to us..

 A lot of this cultural consumerism, materialism, itself seems to suffer from
dis-integrated perspective by a general lacking in what evidently is in
perspective of deeper spiritual experience.

 Yep, spiritual suffering in poor modeling, ignorance in poor spiritual
education and guidance, and a consequent cultural lack of spiritual discipline.

 Ah say, ah say .. there's just too much consumin' goin' on.

 It seemed to be a conspiracy to put as many people as possible into debt for
wage slavery.

 I think one of the problems is that we've become a consumer nation. Everybody
has to have the latest gadget/technology now, whether they can afford it or
not!