This is a rare area of agreement between Mike and me. There's no reason a
presidential candidate should have a policy on meditation.

 Doug , Maharishi always used to say that meditation was a preparation for
activity. Commuting to work, whether driving, taking a bus, biking, walking or
taking  a train is activity used to stabilize pure awareness . The established
routine was wake up, tend to bathroom needs, meditate, get dressed, have
breakfast, go to work. Evening, go home, have a cocktail, then meditate and
then dinner, (just threw the cocktail in for fun) chill the evening.
 No one has a *right* to be paid to meditate on company time and companies
don't have an obligation to provide the time or space to tend to you personal
spiritual growth, even if they may benefit from it. If a company offers these
things as a perk, kudos to them. When companies start getting involved with
these personal matters then the next thing you know, they'll be telling you
which *denomination* of meditation you must practice, TM, Mindfulness, Kriya
etc etc. Next thing you know every work place becomes a dome complete with
badges to be handed out and taken away and we don't need no stinkin' badges!