As you know, I never claimed that the Ashtanga Asana was not a part of the Sun
Salutation.

 You are not even making any sense anymore.

 How would you know if the Ashtang Asana is part of the Surya Namaskar or not
if you've never included it in your practice? You seem confused to the point
where you've actually contradicted your own claim that there was no such pose
in the Sun Salutation.

 How are you going to do a full-body pranam to the Sun God if you don't get
down on your hands and knees? Maybe it's the wording I used that set you off.
You'd probably object to the phrase "bun-hopping" to describe the yogic flying
siddhi. Go figure.

 "Success in yoga comes through practice, not by reading books or adopting a
particular mode of dress." - Hatha Yoga Pradapika

 As you know, I never claimed that the Ashtanga Asana was not a part of the Sun
Salutation.

 The only thing that is amusing about your yoga pose claims, is that in over
two decades of posting messages to these discussion groups, not once did you
post a comment to the discussion about your practice of hatha yoga. Go figure.

 So, I conclude that your only reason for commenting now, is that you don't
like yogis from Texas.

 Otherwise, you don't seem to have much to say that is based on the texts or on
personal experience. You can't seem to cite a single reference for your claim
that the Ashtanga Asana is not a part of the Surya Namaskar.

 Apparently you're just trying to be argumentative as usual, which is weird,
considering that I've cited numerous instructions by yoga experts to prove my
point.

 Neither Sri Sri nor Maharishi would be happy with your attempt to distort and
demean the Sun Salutation by pretending it's about "getting down on your hands
and knees." Other yogis would just laugh at you as a clueless Westerner.

 Sun Salutation – The Perfect Yoga Workout

 Step six, Ashtanga Namaskara or the "Salute With Eight Points", as taught by
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, a direct disciple of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi:

 "Gently bring your knees down to the floor and exhale. Take the hips back
slightly, slide forward, rest your chest and chin on the floor. Raise your
posterior a little bit.

 The two hands, two feet, two knees, chest and chin (eight parts of the body
touch the floor)."

 http://www.artofliving.org/us-en/yoga/yoga-poses/sun-salutation
http://www.artofliving.org/us-en/yoga/yoga-poses/sun-salutation

 Mahesh Yogi formulated a six month course on yoga asanas followed by a second
course with more advanced postures for use in a one year course. According to
Maharishi, yoga asanas are "...a reliable practice from the ancient tradition
of yogis."

 He recommended yoga asanas as a way to keep the body flexible. According to
Yogi the advantage of asanas over other types of exercise is that yoga asanas
do not consume energy. This course was adopted by the International Academy of
Meditation at Shankaracharya Nagar, Himalayas.

 According to White, "It was especially within two tantric sects, the Western
Transmission and the Yogin Kaula (transmitted by Matsyendra) that a practical
concomitant to this speculative - and in some cases gnoseological or
soteriological - metaphysics" came to be practiced by the Nath Siddhas who
claim their origins in the person and teachings of Matsyendranath.

 Works Cited:

 "A Six Month Course in Yoga Asanas"
 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
 Rishikesh: International SRM Publications, 1962

 "The Alchemical Body"
 Siddha Traditions in Medieval India
 by David Gordon White
 Chicago: University Press, 1996

 Paper. 596 pages. Illustrated. Bibliography. Index.