> On Dec 16, 2005, at 10:24 AM, jim_flanegin wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >>  From the anava-upaya, section 3, of the Shiva-sutra:
> >>
> >> "Mohavaranat siddhih"
> >>
> >> (mohAvaraNATh siddhiH)
> >>
> >> "Siddhis are due to a veil (AvaraNa) drawn by ignorance (mohA)."
> >>

> > That's interesting. Is the commentary saying that the result of
the
> > sutra can only be seen in this apparently manifested, though not
real,
> > world, and so the result by definition is a product of
> > ignorance? ...which of course is true, but not very practical.
> >
> > Or is it more a commentary about getting 'lost in the Siddhi',
which I
> > have heard before, as an warning?
>
> What the vimarshini says is that practice of siddhis attenuates
the
> innermost self by causing us to be deluded by our own Maya-shakti.
It
> draws Self into a veil of Maya.

Not sure I understand why this is necessarily a bad thing, as long
as we recognize it, as Sparaig said earlier as just the performance
or result of the siddhi. Then, wouldn't it help along the infusion
of Self into Maya, eventually melting the 'veil'? PS This is just
curiosity on my part, as I no longer do the TM-Sidhi Program...

> It goes on to describe how to melt this "veil of ignorance"
correctly.

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AQDrNC/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM