 It's an unusual hypothetical. Most meditators, at least those in the full-time
employ of the movement, don't feel the need to participate in social/political
protest because that would be tackling the problem "on the level of the
problem," as we all used to say. It is better to meditate and create desirable
change that way. (My opinion is that it's going to take a lot more than
meditating to stop that pipeline, but that's another matter.) Were I a movement
administrator, I would not object if movement employees attended a
demonstration or protest, since that is their right, but it would be a
different matter if any employees were actually arrested and charged (with
trespass, I believe in this case). Having your own employees getting charged
with criminal offense would not reflect well on the movement, so as an
employer/administrator, I would take a dim view of it.

 As a fellow human being I would applaud them for it. Trespassing is pretty
benign. Now, if they had fetched their attack dogs on someone like the
anti-protesters had, that would be an entirely different matter. Then it would
be 'throw the bums out.'
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsj1qs864kQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsj1qs864kQ

 I understand that they weren't TMO employees or MUM students. But Doug, it
seemed to me, was citing the proposed policy to support his contention that, by
extension, the three protesters should be punished for getting arrested. The
proposal does say "convicted," according to Doug, and also says it applies to
"any criminality on behalf of the movement's work," so maybe that would mean it
wouldn't apply to the present case even if the protesters *were* TMO
employees/MUM students.

 But you see what I'm getting at, I hope. Nonviolent civil disobedience in the
cause of justice, as far as I'm concerned, is very much in line with the goals
of the movement, not something that warrants severe disapproval and sanctions
if the protesters are arrested, or even if they're convicted.

 But the three individuals were not employees of the TM organization.

It does not seem remarkable to me that an organization says that if you are
convicted of a criminal offense you will lose your job (although it's not clear
from Doug's post whether the TM org. has such a policy or merely that some
people are advocating such a policy).

 That's a sick, perverted policy if it includes civil disobedience in the
interests of justice. It's the opposite of an ethical policy.

 Whether convicted by felony or misdemeanor, some have long been advocate for a
directive ethics policy being in place for our .org employees of the ™
movement, the policy being such that all employees of the movement shall be
held accountable for illegal behaviors or actions as employees. Accountable in
that any criminality on behalf of the movement’s work will henceforth receive
zero tolerance and lead directly to dismissal, termination of employment. .
Clearly written, clearly stated. A new era for movement employed apparatchiks.

 If meditators had their meditations checked should they be let back in with
the collective of the communal group meditation regardless of their criminality?

 As far as I know, the individuals concerned have no connection to the
university.

 I agree with Ann, they should be given medals (and bailed out by the
university if necessary).

Given medals for what?  Bailed out by the University? Why? Misappropriation of
University funds.