Today is another one of those days! ..
 Around September 13 (the 12th?) it will be treacherous and very violent again
due to transiting Saturn’s return to the degree of the fixed star Antares.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 The 'non-compete' clauses.

 A sad irony in this thread which has been sore effect for the community here
is that these recognized experts and a lot of jyotish experts who have come out
of the old ™ community with their early training in Maharishi jyotish are
technically disbarred, disenfranchised by guideline, from membership
participation in our ™ community group meditations.

 The Maharishi Foundation ™.org National standards for participation as they
stand now specifically exclude people who ‘promote’ other systems of jyotish,
excluding from the Dome meditations here and other sponsored ™ group
meditations. 'Other systems' as in non-Maharishi jyotish.

 This has been applied to old ™’ers for quite a number of years. For some
number of years the patronizing ($) non-Maharishi jyotish/yagya was certain
grounds for exclusion from the Dome meditations and used to exclude practicing
meditators from membership in the group. Meditators are now free to ‘consult’
with non-maharishi jyotishi but the exclusion still stands over ‘promoting’ in
practice jyotish using other systems deemed non-Maharishi jyotish astrology.

 A conservative or fanatical business mind that is welded with strong emotional
(fanatical) belief inside about the exclusivity of all ™ teachers are thinking
that all old, de-certs, re-certs and new ™ teachers are sales representatives
of all that is now ™ and hence are strictly liable to business non-compete
constraints through the movement right to administratively denying membership
using the validation of Dome badges for inclusion in the communal group
practice of meditation as a preferred means of sales-force discipline.

 In effect what could be adjudicated by a human resources department or a legal
department more narrowly with employees they instead have used the group
meditation as the retributive means (weapon) of disciplining others to their
sense of fealty. Employing the use of the group practice of meditation as their
primary tool of discipline over membership has been incredibly corrosive in
their bold leading of a decades long decline in a metric of what was a larger
group.  It is still a fundamental problem within the group.
 -JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 #

 To be fair, it can be more than coffeehouse ‘chat’, quite a number of people
from Fairfield, Iowa have been trained in and are quite long experienced and
accomplished in jyotish astrology and now a number of top jyotish astrologers
in the West are of what is the old meditating community of Fairfield.

 Pat Hayward, for instance, is regarded as an astrologer and has been consulted
by many many people both here in Fairfield and of the world.  He became
established in this craft while living in Fairfield, Iowa as a recognized
member of the meditating community here.
http://www.quantumastrology.com/contact.php
http://www.quantumastrology.com/contact.php

 Two others who are recognized as being highly scholarly within astrology,
David Hawthorne and Penny Farrow, also cut their teeth as recognized
consultants are themselves of the old meditating community in Fairfield, Iowa.
 David Hawthorne:  http://www.astroview.com/background
http://www.astroview.com/background
 Penny Farrow: http://www.vedicchart.com/about/ http://www.vedicchart.com/about/
 These three stand out as examples as there are also others quietly living here
having been students of Maharishi jyotish and as time has gone along also
studying with these three and other top astrologers and systems in the field.
Fairfield is an adept community this way.

 I was recently visiting a substantial Indo-American cultural center [temple]
out East and read on one of their bulletin boards of an upcoming series of
scholarly classes being taught there on jyotish by Penny Farrow.

  As time has gone along these people are being pulled on for both their
academic and practical experience with astrology.

 There is a lot of this resource available in the meditating community of
Fairfield, Iowa.  It is quite easy to find consultation on it, even in the
coffee houses of the town. It becomes just like asking about the weather,  “How
much rain did you get last night and what have you heard is the forecast?”
“What’s going on with the moon and planets this week?”   Fairfield,
-JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesed...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I will have to take your word for it, as I have seen no such evidence
personally.

 Actually, evidently people who are really good at it have a facility with it
that is like a siddhi.  With a lot of experience with it study of it becomes
something intuitive.  It is like a way [modality] of thinking, like some people
are really good at mathematics or open to physics.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Yep, a good perspective to have, though I think modern life and technology has
rendered any forecasting ability of jyotish or Western astrology, impractical.
Using common sense and intuition, we get it right more often than not. And if
not, better next time around. PS No problems discussing or communicating
anything today...

 Putting skepticism aside it seems way more interesting to entertain these
ideas of jyotish.  While more strictly experienced as a conservative
transcendental meditationist who is not as interested in all the ‘add-ons’ of
Maharishi’s teachings I do feel open to the consideration that jyotish
astrology could describe an astrophysics of vibrational influence of the
heavenly bodies on subtle systems of the human being. From that viewpoint we be
talking of spirituality and then the possible ability to influence and even
cultivate well-being around the motions of the planets and such.  There are
stranger things in Heaven and Earth.  Are there no tides? -JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jamesalan735@...> wrote :

 I was going to point out much of what olliesewuz has written below, but given
what he has written, I can be brief:

Doug,
Regardless of what one thinks of jyotish/MMY, or (God help us), ideas arising
from a Fairfield coffee house discussion group, your message below is contrary
to MMY's guidelines regarding the "right use" (MMY's words) of jyotish.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Thanks, but your post just now, at close to the speed of light, spread
globally and instantaneously, confirms, "Havoc in Communication"?? By focusing
on the objective, whatever it is, any environmental influences are minimized,
so if there is an issue, isn't it with the doer? Maharishi declared 1978 as the
year of invincibility, our unshakable nature. Though a sensitivity to all areas
of life is a good thing, to predict difficulties as a result of the stars is a
waste of time. Great coffeehouse chat, but nothing to take seriously.

 Today, Aug 30 Mercury retrograde in Virgo  =Havoc in Communication
 So says the coffee house Fairfield jyotish satsang.
 Would be a difficult day to substantially engage others
 or begin things,
 however; a good day to stay in meditation.
 -JaiGuruYou

 In correlation of good things..

 Fairfield, Iowa Meditators start very early everyday with their spiritual
practice.

 Also, the Dome doors open for the collective meditation at 7am.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Haven't noticed anything different through this period, except that I have
been a little more successful than usual in my day to day. A couple of friends
have had unusually positive events occur during this time. Everyone seems
perfectly friendly and happy. No undue stress or tension. Perhaps the
astrologers got it wrong. :-)

 Today, Aug 26 Jupiter Venus Mercury in Virgo. It is said to be a particularly
good day to meditate, a Saraswati Yoga..
 Om Ayim Srim Hrim Saraswati Devyai Namah

 Fabulous drama unfolding in the sky..
 Clear sky last night in Fairfield, Iowa. Before the moon rose one could see it
 with naked eye and even clearer with binoculars.

 Mars is approaching Antares in Scorpio ! One can see it !

 Google’s free app, Sky Map on a smartphone can get you oriented for the show.

 Aug 24 Saturn and Mars @ 15degrees of Scorpio, Transit characterized by ANGER.
There is a star in Scorpio that is the war star in combination with Mars etc..
makes it all particularly difficult.

 August 23-26 will be extremely violent with Mars transiting the fixed star
Antares.

 Aug 30 Mercury retrograde in Virgo  =Havoc in Communication
Sept 1st Solar Eclipse

 Around September 13 (the 12th?) it will be treacherous and very violent again
due to transiting Saturn’s return to the degree of the fixed star Antares.

 As Jr points out,
 the good news is that.. Sept 17  Mars Exits Scorpio,  the most difficult
period passes

 I agree.  I am not worried so much about this jyotish line of thinking.  But
just as a transcendentalist knowing the transformational spiritual possibility
and just looking at the level of spiritual commotion in the world it is breath
taking at times
 That these planets are conjoined may be coincident to the turbulence of these
postmodern times.  I am enjoying watching the planetary play out on my
smartphone free app from Google, Sky Map.  What I was interested to learn was
just what the jyotish people are all wonked out on and compelled by.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Thank you, but I also have to wonder if similar planetary combinations have
happened in the past? If they have, I haven't noticed any time in my life where
events were actually insurmountable, or that I felt the need to spontaneously
act in a certain way, to counteract a heavenly alignment I had no idea existed
at the time.

I do find some remarkable trends in the general area of people's personalities,
including mine, correlated to birth time, day, month, and year. As far as a
predictive tool, though, who needs it? How does it avoid or prevent or modify
or enhance, just making one's way through life? Isn't that rich and complex
enough as it is? :-)

Intuition and flexibility can go a long way towards an easier way in life,
without adding this extra layer of concern.

signed,
what's up wid' Jyotish?

 In sequence:

 Aug 18th Lunar Eclipse

 Aug 24 Saturn and Mars @ 15degrees of Scorpio, Transit characterized by ANGER.
There is a star in Scorpio that is the war star in combination with Mars etc..
makes it all particularly difficult.

 Aug 26 Jupiter Venus Mercury in Virgo  ( Saraswati yoga, good to be meditating)

 Aug 30 Mercury retrograde in Virgo  =Havoc in Communication

 Sept 1st Solar Eclipse

 Sept 17  Mars Exits Scorpio,  the most difficult period passes

 Yes, the Sept 1 Solar eclipse too.  In combination with the coming Aug 30th
Havoc in Communication difficulty of Merc being retrograde in Scorpio, we
should think about shutting FFL down for those days to avert adding anymore to
what might be the larger disturbing chaos in communication of that time frame?
This morning downtown I shared this jyotish sequence with someone and it was
directly suggested we close FFL.
 ..Of course some out there feel there is always a negative havoc in
communication being perpetrated all the time on FFL that should be shut down.
However, I am feeling the Yahoo-groups guidelines are sufficiently invincible
enough to protect us all from Mercury in retrograde at that time.  FFL, as it
so often has seen the Meditating community through in difficult times might
just be one of the few places to get reliable spiritual information on those
days. -JaiGuruYou

 yoohoo, don't forget the solar eclipse on Sept 1...