--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Peter writes:
> What strikes me as odd in these discussions is the
> degree of hostility. Why do people get so pissed-off
> if someone talks about some sort of Realization
> experience?
>
> Tom T opinion:
> It would appear that the self appointed Dogma/thought patrol has to

Seeing this repost of Peter's comment prompted me to go beyond my
impression that there have been no recent posts of "people get so
pissed-off if someone talks about some sort of Realization
experience?" to actually check the last four days of posts for such.
I can't find any.

Balls in your court Peter. It appears to be an incorrect impression on
your part. But I am certanly open to new insights and changing my view
if you can provide a post or two where "people get so pissed-off if
someone talks about some sort of Realization experience?"

The larger question in my mind, is why you have that impression if
there are no such recent posts?

My angle of interest is the cognitive science contributions that show
that so much of what we "perceive" what we think is "out there" is
actually something happening in the internal cognitive apparatus.
Since you have been trained to recognize such, and to help others do
so [I presume your job invlves some of that - sorry if I presume
incorrectly], I find you a great case study, as in "jeez even if a
professional who is trained in this and deals in it everyday makes
sizable cognitve gaffs, what about the rest of us, we must be doing it
even MORE."

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AQDrNC/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM