Jaya Guru Datta

Another repost from years ago.

Please note: The Jana Samrakshana mantra described below is chanted by Sri
Swamiji in
the audio folder of this group. It's definition is also posted in these
archives. Very sweet.

The Mystery of Mantra
Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji

A Mantra is no ordinary combination of letters and syllables, but a living
force. It is God in
the form of sound. Mantra has been called the sound-body of God. The Mantra can
completely transform our inner being. Our inner state is created by the
thoughts and
feelings that continually arise in us. Outwardly, we may appear to have fixed
identitiesÑ
one person may appear to be a lawyer, another an engineer, another a doctor,
another a
professor, and so on. But inside, we are a continually changing mass of
consciousness.
Inside, there are myriad of thoughts, desires and concerns, each pulling us in
a different
direction. When we project the beam of Mantra into this fluctuating and
disorderly mass, it
stabilizes it and focuses it in one directionÑthe direction of the divinity
inside us.  The
Sages have said that only the Mantra can help us transcend our confusion, our
fantasies,
and the constant changes of our mind. Moreover, as we repeat the Mantra, it
begins to
permeate all the constituents of the body. Whatever thought or feeling arises
in the mind
has an immediate effect on the body; even doctors now recognize that our
thoughts can
make us sick or help to cure us. Our thoughts pass from the mind to the prana,
from the
prana into the bloodstream, and through the bloodstream to the entire body. The
Mantra
flows through our system in the same way, removing all the toxins from the
blood,
purifying the prana, freeing the mind from negative emotions, and making joy
arise in the
heart.

As the influence of the sound of GodÕs name penetrates the mind, the mind
itself becomes
the name; in other words, the mind becomes divine.  Repetition of the name of
God causes
a kind of earthquake in our inner consciousness.  Whatever thoughts arise in
our daily life
are recorded within us and form impressions, which are difficult to remove.
But when we
repeat the name, all these thoughts and impressions are erased, and the name of
God is
recorded.  At every moment, what we think is what we become.  If the face of
anger arises
in the mind and we identify ourselves with it, we become filled with anger.  In
the same
way, if we continually repeat the Mantra with great love and respect, and with
one-pointed
focus, we become absorbed in God.  By its very nature the Mantra has the
ability to
transform our awareness of ourselves as individuals into an awareness of
ourselves as
divine beings.
There are two types of MantraÑJada Mantra and Chaitanya Mantra.  Jada Mantra is
one
taken from a book or from a teacher or guru who has not realized its power.
Such a
Mantra has no strength; it is merely a dry and ineffective collection of
letters. But a
Chaitanya Mantra is obtained from a Sadguru, a Self-Realized being, who has
experienced
the power of the Mantra.  Behind it is the full force of the GuruÕs
realization, and it starts
its work within a seeker immediately.  As the disciple repeats the mantra, his
dormant
shakti is awakened, and a new life is created within.

It is said that a person has two fathersÑthe father of the body, who gives him
life through
his semen, and the spiritual father, the Sadguru, who gives him life through
the Mantra.
Just as the physical body born of semen is nourished by food, so the spiritual
body born of
Mantra is nourished by the repetition of the Mantra.  Therefore, let your life
become filled
with Mantra.  Repeat it continually, no matter what you are doing.  If you
repeat it when
you are going to sleep, you will have a very deep sleep.  If you repeat it when
you wake up,
you will spend your day happily.  Mingle the Mantra with all your activities.
Repeat the
mantra when you wash your face.  Repeat it when you eat your breakfast.  Repeat
it while
you travel to your office, and repeat it on your way home.  Repeat the Mantra
while you
bathe, and repeat it when you drink your tea or coffee.  Anyone who is addicted
smoking will check his pocket before he leaves home to make sure he has his
cigarettes.
In the same way, you should become so hopelessly addicted to the Mantra that
you are
always certain that you are carrying it in your heart.

It is said, ÒMananaat Traayate iti MantrahaÓÑMantra is that which protects the
one who
repeats it.  The power of the Mantra is beyond our imagination.  We can
understand the
meaning of the Mantra, but we cannot know its potency.  We can contemplate the
Mantra,
but we cannot measure its strength.  Mantra is the living force of God.
Therefore, repeat it
in your worldly life, and your heart will be filled with joy.  Your shakti will
unfold very
quickly, so that soon you will begin to experience your divine nature.

When destructive forces threaten the existence of humanity, the Sadguru gives
to his
devotees a special Mantra for protection, not only for the devotees, but also
for all of
mankind.  Such a Mantra is called Jana Samrakshana Mantra, and it is charged
with the
powerful force of the Guru and other Celestial Beings.  As the devotees
continue to
increase the volume and intensity of the chanting, the power of the Mantra
begins to
extend beyond the individual and impacts the surrounding environment,
energizing it with
the power of God.  Waves and waves of this force permeate the environment and
extend
further and further outwards, reducing and neutralizing evil energies and their
destructive
powers.

At this point in our history, our planet is in serious danger from powerful
evil forces that
threaten to destroy humanity itself.  This is one of the primary reasons why
our Beloved
Sadguru, Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji, is here with us.  He has a
mission to save
and protect all mankind from this grave danger, which, if allowed to go
unchecked, would
bring about such destruction of which we could hardly imagine.

Jai Guru Datta!

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM