I suggest we just leave the man alone. We are well rid of him on this forum.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <salsunshineiniowa@...> wrote :

 What do you want to bet that this "vacation in Paris" lasts a bit longer than
most vacations. Like months or even years. My prediction? Leiden is history.

Sal

 On Sep 14, 2016, at 12:35 PM, steve.sundur@... mailto:steve.sundur@...
[FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 A relief to know he's visiting his usual haunts with the same routine in
order.

 Why can't we get a compare and contrast piece on the pubs in in Paris and
those in Leiden.

 Maybe pull him off the anti anti theme for a while.  (-:

 JAGGERZ The Rapper 1 9 7 0 HQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBlR3l5nds

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBlR3l5nds

 JAGGERZ The Rapper 1 9 7 0 HQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBlR3l5nds The
Jaggerz are an American R&B/pop/rock band from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They
came to national attention with their single "The Rapper"...

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBlR3l5nds
 Preview by Yahoo

<noozguru@...> wrote :

 No, he actually was on vacation in Paris and posting from there usual cafe
raps.

 On Sep 13, 2016, at 11:33 PM, authfriend@... mailto:authfriend@...
[FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Oh, I think he *was* happy--because he thought he'd just written a brilliant
takedown of religion and religious people. Penetrating and insightful, he told
himself. And so superbly written! Fantastic touch at the end contrasting those
people's tortured, miserable lives with his own serene existence in just a few
choice phrases.

 Actually he doesn't have the insight of a flea, and he's a lousy writer,
intensely self-conscious, mannered, and cliche-ridden.

<salsunshineiniowa@...> mailto:salsunshineiniowa@... wrote :

 Oh what the hey, since we're quoting posts, let's just go right to the source:

 His rant from that day contains this charming observation:

 I mean, they're responding to the bells by filing into the cathedral like
lemmings, doing the genuflect dance, and then praying to him/her/it to forgive
them for something they did last week while *they* were having fun. Then, their
"sin guilt" taken care of, they pray to this same him/her/it to Make Things
Different Than They Are.

 Not trusting the wisdom of this mental God-construct they're praying to, they
ask him/her/it to cure their genital warts, to get them that promotion at work
that they don't really deserve, to rain fire and brimstone on their neighbors
who kept them up partying last night, and to save the unborn children while
simultaneously killing those who would abort them in the most horrific way
possible. Amen.

 Yes, Barry in his wisdom has decided that ALL the people visiting the
magnificent cathedral of ND that day were  all sub-humans (lemmings) who were
going in for the express purpose of praying for their neighbors' deaths.

 Am I the only one who wonders how much energy it must take to constantly feel
so smug and superior to everyone else?  Not to mention being the greatest
mind-reader who ever lived and conjuring up wild doomsday scenarios for his own
entertainment.

 Tough job, but I guess *somebody's* got to do it.

 He then finishes up with this gem:

 Me, I'm just sitting here enjoying the blue skies and reasonably warm
temperatures, the beauty of the Seine flowing by, and the glorious taste of my
coffee. I'm appreciating the wonderful here-and-now-ness of Here And Now, and
feeling remarkably happy.

 Yes, he certainly sounds "remarkably happy" now doesn't he? (snicker)

 Sal

 On Sep 13, 2016, at 5:26 PM, authfriend@... mailto:authfriend@...
[FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Excerpt from a post of mine at the time:

 I commented on Barry's post because I wanted to make the point that here he is
sitting in his favorite cafe in Paris--in Paris!--watching the Seine, watching
Parisians strolling past, resting in a garden behind the incomparable Cathedral
of Notre Dame, and it isn't enough to distract him from his obsessive
preoccupation with me, with empty, with Steve, with FFL. He's still driven to
spend much of his precious Paris time writing long, insulting, dishonest
screeds about us.

<salsunshineiniowa@...> mailto:salsunshineiniowa@... wrote :

 I remember that post.  Classic.

 It's  nothing short of amazing how many stupid people Barry  encounters.  It's
almost as if...oh, never mind.

 Sal

 Let's see, as I recall, last time Barry was in Paris, he was in the garden
behind Notre Dame Cathedral and riffing at how stupid the people were, that
were inside the Cathedral.  Then he went to one of his favorite cafes, and
riffed on how stupid Americans are.

 I wonder if he's updated his hate list, or he's riffing on the same 'ol
targets in the City of Love.

 Inquiring minds, and all that.  (-:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 Vacation time.  Turq in Paris, Sal off to the beach, etc, etc, etc.  People on
FFL not take vacations?

 On 09/13/2016 07:00 AM, awoelflebater@... mailto:awoelflebater@...