I found this article somewhat interesting, although I don't understand all the
nuances.  But should the recession hit, there is not much else the Federal
Reserve can do to stimulate recovery.

 Ray Dalio: Are We at the End of Long-Term Debt Cycle? - Market Realist
http://marketrealist.com/2016/09/ray-dalio-end-long-term-debt-cycle/

 http://marketrealist.com/2016/09/ray-dalio-end-long-term-debt-cycle/

 Ray Dalio: Are We at the End of Long-Term Debt Cycle? - ...
http://marketrealist.com/2016/09/ray-dalio-end-long-term-debt-cycle/ Ray Dalio
spoke about the long-term debt cycle at the Delivering Alpha conference on
September 13. He said, “There's only so much you can squeeze out of the deb...

 View on marketrealist.com
http://marketrealist.com/2016/09/ray-dalio-end-long-term-debt-cycle/
 Preview by Yahoo

 I would bet on a global recession regardless of who is in office.  Band-aids
could only keep the fraudulent global banking system running for so long.  Who
is in office could make the landing a little softer but I don't see the current
two goons capable of it.