--- braaahmaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Peter, your recent comments on rage are intriguing.
>
> You see rage in my satire. I'm just curious. Do you
> see rage in other
> satires? Swift, Bruce, Sahl, Kaufman, Gorafalo,
> Silverman ?

To a certain extent. Rage comes out of frustration.
One's voice is not being heard. One's thoughts
feelings, etc., are being completely marginalized and
discounted. Satire arises out of a much lesser degree
of this.It's just a clever way of saying "go f*ck
yourself." But usually it's only done when there is no
room for discussion and one's own voice is not
marginalized. Like when I satirize Tom because of his
past racist posts. I'd love to have a serious
discussion with Tom regarding his spiritual
experiences/insights and the apparent "Aryan attitude"
that he professes. Of course, my wise-ass jokes don't
help the discussion! Also, satire is performed for
sympathetic others, not for one's self alone.

> Not that my satire is of their caliber. Mine is only
> amateur -- yet it
> is topical. Being amateur, I should think it may
> induce greater rage
> in you than professional satirists. Is that the
> case?
>
> Or maybe its the ineptitude of my satire that
> enrages you, as if you
> are shouting inside "damn it, if you are going to be
> satirical, at
> least do a good job at it !." (Or as Barry would say
> "Do a flying fuck
> good job at it.".) I agree. Bad comics are bad news.
> But sick?

I didn't say you were sick. I don't see you as sick,
Akasha, not at all. It's just that you speak in this
satirical voice when you disagree with someone that
stops any sort of on-topic discussion and then we have
to have this collective group therapy session.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/abEMxA/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM

> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AQDrNC/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM