Dr. Leonard Susskind says yes.  From the video class he presented, he was
assuming that the universe will expand forever at an ever increasing speed.  At
a certain point in time, the edge of the universe will eventually reach the
speed of light.  At that point, that part of the universe becomes separated
from us.  So, at the edge of the universe,  there remains a thin film of the
part that is still in our universe.  Hence, Susskind concludes that the
universe is a hologram based on the thin film at the edge of the universe.

 At the edge of the universe, based on the principle of relativity, everything
stops because they're almost at the speed of light.  So, everything can be
compared to a photograph taken at a cut in time.  IMO, this point would be
similar to a scene in a dream.  The scenes in our dream really don't move.
They are like photographs frozen in time.  We're assuming that they're moving
because we assume they're moving like the scenes we see in the ordinary waking
consciousness.

 Is The Universe A Hologram? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgIl-qIklU

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgIl-qIklU

 Is The Universe A Hologram? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgIl-qIklU
According to Leonard Susskind ("Bad Boy of Physics"), our reality is much
stranger than it appears to be and life, the universe, EVERYTHING, might just
be...

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgIl-qIklU
 Preview by Yahoo