We saw the movie remake a few years ago (2011), which we enjoyed very much.

 My wife's favorite piece of literature would be "Little Women", or at least
one of her favorites.

 I'll take Jane Eyre over Malcolm X any day of the week. Far more entertaining.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <salsunshineiniowa@...> wrote :

 Don’t sell literature short, and  Jane Eyre is fabulous.  It may not be the
Autobiography of Malcolm X, but for its time it broke all sorts of barriers,
talking about things that nobody else was, at least not in “polite” society.

 Your daughter made an excellent choice.

 Sal

On Oct 23, 2016, at 4:10 PM, steve.sundur@... mailto:steve.sundur@...
[FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Awesome book, wasn't it?  The take away line for me, was, "by any means
necessary....."

 Little aside: my daughter in her senior year of HS had to select a book.
Malcolm X was one of them and I gave her the strongest encouragement to select
it.  But at the last minute, for some reason, she ended up going with Jane
Eyre, or something.  )-:

<olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 “Sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the Gun down.”
 ― Malcolm “Steve” X

<no_re...@yahoogroups.com mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 Me too. But I will post them all the same:

First they came for Steve . . .

We are all Steve now . . .

<salsunshineiniowa@...> wrote :

 Good to know.  Thanks for clearing that up.

 Only now I won’t get to post any of the jokes or punchlines I was working on.
As Trump might say:  sad!

 Sal

On Oct 23, 2016, at 12:23 PM, dhamiltony2k5@... mailto:dhamiltony2k5@...
[FairfieldLife] <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

No, I didn't do nothing around Steve 7Ray.

 Maybe he did something in his own settings when he was saying he was leaving.
 I did notice he was at the receiving end of some demeaning personalized posting
 that went beyond consideration of ccontent and he
 said he had enough of that.

  I always appreciated his content too.  7Ray was perceptive and I miss him
too.

 List owner and moderator,
 -Dug Jung Un

<j_alexander_stanley@... mailto:j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 He is still subscribed, but his posting has been disabled. Unfortunately, the
stupid Yahoo interface is showing no record of his posting being yanked. All I
know is that I had nothing to with this. My guess is that Doug pulled the plug,
and a Yahoo glitch prevented the action from showing up in the moderator
activity log. Questions should be directed to Doug: dhamiltony2k5 @ Yahoo.com
http://yahoo.com/

<awoelflebater@... mailto:awoelflebater@...> wrote :

 Get back over here, Steve. I miss your posts.

  • [FairfieldLife] R... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • Re: [FairfieldLif... Sal Sunshine salsunshineini...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairfie... feste37
      • Re: [Fai... Sal Sunshine salsunshineini...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]