They're rioting in Africa
    They're starving in Spain
    There's hurricanes in Florida
    And Texas needs rain
    the Whole world is festering with unhappy souls
    The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles
    Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch
    And I don't like Anybody very much.

    But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud
    For man's been endowed with a mushroom-shaped cloud
    And we know for certain that some lucky day
    Someone will set the spark off and we will all be blown away

    They're rioting in Africa
    There's strife in Iran
    What nature doesn't do to us
    Will be done by our fellow Man

    -- Sheldon Harnick @1958

You are probably right. I was a major fan from that same era too- used
to listen to their LPs together. In time the source may have blurred a
bit.

I took a few liberties with the lyrics to fit my post.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was a major folk fan from late 50s-now and I never heard anyone
> other than the Kingston Trio do The Merry Minuet. I just did a search
> and came up with:
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/folkindex/m07.htm
>
> which only shows the KT and Bud and Travis (remember them?) as having
> recorded the song. Maybe the Limelighters also performed it but I
> don't think they recorded it. It was a trade-mark song of the Kingston
> Trio from their Live at the Hungry I album.
>
> I had the great good fortune (at a sad event) of seeing them in their
> last performance at St. John's University in NYC (they did The Merry
> Minuet).
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, braaahmaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anonyff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, braaahmaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > one of my all-time favorite KT songs!
> > >

> > I am glad you got that reference! i was afraid the joke was a bit too
> > oblique. That I would get cranky hecklers in the peanut gallery
> > yelling "see, he is a mean old angry fart who doesn't like anybody --
> > he even says so himself! Case closed!" -- when they are indeed missing
> > IMO a funny reference.
> >

> > But I heard it from the Limelighters. I don't remember the Kinston
> > Trio verson.
> >
> > (the next line, from dylan,is also one of my favorites.)
> >
> > My love winks, she ...

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YbEMxA/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM