On 11/27/2016 06:23 PM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Calling people *backward* is judgemental.

This from a guy who doesn't like a group that wants to drag the human race back to 600 AD? :-D
They may be very well be going through what their dharma expects of them, what they need at that very moment in their evolution.

We all play out according to the script. There is no free will but you might as well live as if there is. Enjoy the movie.

Where they end up could put all of us to shame.

*From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Sunday, November 27, 2016 7:52 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] TM mantras revisited

As you know TM would not be my choice to use in schools because it IS too expensive and somewhat limited. My first experience with any kind of meditation was in the 5th grade when some of the intermediate band members were added to the advanced or high school band. The teacher took us through what we today would call a "guided meditation" of imagining a handkerchief slowly falling to the ground. This was an attempt to get the kids to quiet down enough to concentrate on playing the music.

The problem is that Sanskrit mantras do tend to work very well even though they really are just sounds *attributed* to "Hindu gods" which in reality are analogs for forces of nature.

As for "missing the boat" I think a lot of people think that about the backward. We should encourage them to move forward. There are just some ideologies that don't fit well into this era. A lot of fundamentalism is interpreting too literally a teaching that was not supposed to be taken so.