FW: from e-mail it is said,
 You know the word 'xeno' in Greek means 'stranger' or 'alien'. As I recall,
not sharing the same values and cultural habits as you was rather annoying to
you, and I was ejected from the community, without so much as a reason other
than the subterfuge of the Yahoo guidelines. I would say you are xenophobic in
that non-meditators, or meditators of a different ilk, or those sharing
different ideas about how to explain and understand meditation that differ from
the TM model of experience, or perhaps the Quaker model of experience results
in discomfort. There are many successful models of spiritual growth, and quite
a few nonsensical ones.

 Assimilation of different values is not necessarily an easy thing,
particularly if those values differ strongly from our own. While I spent some
years in the TM movement, I never fully assimilated all its ideas and
technology, certain things worked for me, other things did not. It has always
been a delicate dance, finding what brought progress and what did not. Progress
does not occur on the basis of mere belief — mere belief is very common in
spiritual circles — but on definite results. The Hindu story of using a thorn
to remove a thorn means the belief that one attaches to that gets you going on
a spiritual journey is really a kind of illusion that replaces the illusions of
one's former life.

 But it is still the same illusion in another form. In an ideal situation, that
second illusion, the thorn that removes a thorn will, on its own, fall away if
the spiritual discipline is able to complete the journey. That leaves one free
of encumbrances in the mind by which to judge what happens in the world, one
just experiences what happens without judgement. Untoward attachments that
might still form are much easier to disentangle from.

 If you walk through the forest there are still things that can harm, wolves,
snakes, and in places lions and tigers and bears, and while it is said that an
enlightened man walking in such places is free of harm, it is his awareness
that is free from harm. The body is still soft, pliable, and delicate. The
story of the Mahabharata shows that a simple disagreement can lead to
horrendous carnage and loss because people cannot see through the model of
reality they have in their heads. The model of reality is not the reality, it
stands in stead of the reality as a way to navigate it, but it is not true, it
is at best a rough approximation, a rough representation of reality.

 The real difficulties of life is not reality, but logically inconsistent
models of reality in our heads that clash needlessly. The real strangeness and
alien character of others is that strange model of how things are in their head
compared to yours. Everyone thinks what they think is true and real. And that
is the defect of human character and human knowledge that enlightenment will
correct, given the chance. When that happens you are left without any clear
doctrine about what to believe, because belief is unnecessary if one is
experiencing everything directly without that mental model interfering. That
does not mean however that one is not faced with others for whom the mental
machinery in their head is still churning out its illusory image of the world
on a daily basis, and one needs watch out for that.

 But we always have to be aware, if it is our own mind that is the one that is
deluded. The awareness that this is still possible may help keep us on guard
against potential danger, even from our own mind.

 Regards,

 Xenophaneros Anartaxius

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 And, something should be done about ‘those people’, those xenophobic people?
Meditation can be helpful to people suffering from fear and anxiety. = Some
lack of proper upbringing and some lack of effective spiritual practice like
effective meditation practice evidently could relate to these underpinnings of
xenophobia. Therefore, this Holiday season, to more effectively fight and
combat social fear and anxiety please give liberally to the David Lynch
Foundation programs to help curb xenophobic tendencies tearing at society.  QED

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mikemail4...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 http://blog.dictionary.com/xenophobia/?param=DcomSERP

 Xenophobia is the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.
Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and
perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing
identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its
presence to secure a presumed purity.

 Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of
another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and
exotic quality".
 SOURCE >>> WIKIPEDIA