Shakers are an interesting example of a regenerative spiritual practice group
losing its shakti.  Because general feelings are so volatile around celibacy
that is commonly given as a simplistic shorthand for why shakers declined, as
Shakers are looked at from outside. Shakers withered a long time ago from their
heights for a lack of a spiritual juice.

 They are a helpful example to look at for a comparison of how TM is doing in
life-cycle as a spiritual regenerative movement.

 I find they are very relevant to our group that way.

 See some blogging where I have drawn on the Shakers for example..

 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/communal-studies-forum
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/communal-studies-forum

 #

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 I would hope that our own TM Mother Divine and Purusha programs would send
representatives to memorial services there.  These are very much our kind of
people.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 There aren't many Shakers left..

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/03/508100617/one-of-the-last-shakers-dies