In the ™ community the transition from elder to youth will, and is, happening
in time. Right now the elder group needs to get some adult education to further
their communication skill-sets and apply those right now. .  If the elders
can’t give themselves to do it then bring in some facilitation, like from the
practiced restorative justice people.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Cultivating the wholistic grounded spiritual human being.. Great observation,
the exercising of the polyvagal and the hologram of the wholeness of the subtle
human system.

 Look at the aspect of the ™ movement that is doing well, the David Lynch
Foundation (DLF) of teaching ™. .
 DLF  is highly attractive to gen-x and gen-millennial youth because iDLF is
not just some sect of meditating but doing service work to need.  For good
reasons DLF is engaged in  teaching meditation to veterans, in violent schools,
to single moms, at UN peacekeeping camps, teaching meditation in prisons, etc.
DLF foci being of social service to peoples in need.

 The visioning people at the top of DLF were old successful field TM teachers,
differing by a long shot  from the stayed rigid old Vlodrop people,.  The  DLF
cohort are anything but complacent in adaptation to need.
 Internally there has been quite a lot of argument and conflict with
conservative ideologues inside over adaptation. Directed by science data and
more empathetic scientists DLF as a group DLF has been able to go around
conservative fanatics who would hold things back.

 Looking at the ‘go-fund-me’ fliers that were up all over town this last summer
and fall here before the recent teacher training course started in Bali the
requesting for help was so that the candidate could become a teacher of
meditation to serve particular populations in need. The urgings were very
idealistic in sympathy and empathetic for needs of the time.  Polyvagal in
nature. Much more of the heart than just in the head.

 yifuxero writes

 Old ideas often fade away only when the old generation dozes off.  The Old
Guard at MUM  may change but it doesn't look like it.
 For example, take the connections between Consciousness and biology relating
to the Polyvagal nervous system. The key ingredient is Compassion (the feeling
of Compassion resulting from more Empathy).
 The old idea is that this would be a type of mood making and contrary to the
notion that people are to meditate and "take it as it comes"  No. Compassion
must be worked on diligently and over time: the Quakers are an example. It's a
type of culture that grows and evolves, but first the idea must be introduced.
This is unlikely in the MUM atmosphere since Compassion doesn't bring in $.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 “How can CEOs learn from Kodak’s failure?”.  Fabulous article for our
meditating Fairfield communal purposes. From the last two paragraphs it could
be said we are ‘in Kodak’ mode still.

 “..Of course strategy sessions with the BIG CEO went nowhere. Of course all
the people buried in the hierarchy who saw the oncoming problems and had ideas
for solutions made no progress. Their bosses and peers ignored them.”

 Yes we just accomplished a strategic removal of an unable/disabling old
leadership for the university community yet in what touches the Fairfield
meditating community there are no tools  or skillsets to use yet inside there
that would help facilitate a communal transition. Being available to listen and
share is not where the Rajas have been with this. The work that got done to
remove Bevan was done ad hoc by the community and forced on them.

 Yes things are being done now at the level of Hagelin but it is autocratic and
not apparent because it still does not sit with, listen or engage with the
meditating community outside the university and movement bubble. Same old
problem.

 A desire is there for transition but no method/practiced skillsets to
facilitate innovation.  These are school teachers and ‘administrators’ by
experience, not leaders in the sense of effective CEO’s. Effective leadership
of this would require training old dogs in new methods of listening circles,
non-violent communication listening skills, intergenerational work, and
restorative justice work that might actually acknowledge the past in going
forward.

 Because of a leadership character of where a past leadership has for so long
taken us we are starting a communal climb out from way down in a hole. The last
paragraphs of the Kodak article are useful to read as to a way out..

 Kodak article:
 “How can CEOs learn from Kodak’s failure? Historically, Kodak was built on a
culture of innovation and change. It’s the type of culture that’s full of
passionate innovators, already naturally in tune to the urgency surrounding
changes in the market and technology. It’s these people – those excited about
new ideas within your own organization – who keep your company moving ahead
instead of falling behind. One key to avoiding complacency is to ensure these
innovators have a voice with enough volume to be heard (and listened to) at the
top. It’s these voices that can continue to keep a sense of urgency in your
organization. If they are given the power to lead, they will continue to
innovate, help keep a culture of urgency and affect change.
 ... The organization overflowed with complacency
http://www.kotterinternational.com/kotterprinciples/urgency/complacency. I saw
it, maybe in the late 1980s. Kodak was failing to keep up even before the
digital revolution when Fuji started doing a better job with the old
technology, the roll-film business. With the complacency so rock-solid, and no
one at the top even devoting their priorities toward turning that problem into
a huge urgency around a huge opportunity, of course they went nowhere. Of
course strategy sessions with the BIG CEO went nowhere. Of course all the
people buried in the hierarchy who saw the oncoming problems and had ideas for
solutions made no progress. Their bosses and peers ignored them.”

 Barriers to Change: The Real Reason Behind the Kodak Downfall
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkotter/2012/05/02/barriers-to-change-the-real-reason-behind-the-kodak-downfall/#5011be473698

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkotter/2012/05/02/barriers-to-change-the-real-reason-behind-the-kodak-downfall/#5011be473698

 Barriers to Change: The Real Reason Behind the Kodak...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkotter/2012/05/02/barriers-to-change-the-real-reason-behind-the-kodak-downfall/#5011be473698
 Dr. John Kotter discusses the real reason behind the Kodak downfall:
complacency. Read on to find out how Kodak let complacency take over, and how
to avo...

 View on www.forbes.com
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkotter/2012/05/02/barriers-to-change-the-real-reason-behind-the-kodak-downfall/#5011be473698
 Preview by Yahoo

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.ma...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 "Restorative justice."  Nice term.  So is this happening in Fairfield?
Awareness without action, or in other words, "complacency" is not a good
strategy.  Reenvision!

 Barriers to Change: The Real Reason Behind the Kodak Downfall
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkotter/2012/05/02/barriers-to-change-the-real-reason-behind-the-kodak-downfall/#b02a9e136985

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkotter/2012/05/02/barriers-to-change-the-real-reason-behind-the-kodak-downfall/#b02a9e136985

 Barriers to Change: The Real Reason Behind the Kodak...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkotter/2012/05/02/barriers-to-change-the-real-reason-behind-the-kodak-downfall/#b02a9e136985
 Dr. John Kotter discusses the real reason behind the Kodak downfall:
complacency. Read on to find out how Kodak let complacency take over, and how
to avo...

 View on www.forbes.com
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkotter/2012/05/02/barriers-to-change-the-real-reason-behind-the-kodak-downfall/#b02a9e136985
 Preview by Yahoo

 For a small place, Fairfield, Iowa has a number of open performance venues and
open space parks that are actively used. The music and performing arts
communities are developed and busy here all the time.   In fact Fairfield is
known with booking agents as a place with venues and a sophisticated audience
that turns out for talent.  A lot of people traveling in the various arts put
Fairfield on their tours. Fairfield is an easy drive between St. Louis,
Minneapolis, Chicago, Kansas City and Omaha. I like the architectural link. An
artistic family here in Fairfield rehabilitated a classic old brick railroad
freight house into a new performance space that opened this last year. That is
all fine.

 However, it is evident in history that where spiritual practice groups like
ours diffuse into other things, absorbed in business, social or political cause
and they get away from their formative spiritual practice it is not long before
their communal assets get sold off. Bankruptcy got headed off last year for the
university with a timely change of leadership.

 An evident challenge now for survival of the Domes is that the previous
administration spent 36 years separating meditators from the collective
practice. There is some deep hurt here to remediate. Turning the Domes in to
open space for mundane performance or sports would really signal the end. No,
there is work to do at reconciliation now. It likely is going to take some
brave leadership to pull it off.

 See:  Engaging Restorative Justice in Reclamation of Community

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emily.mae50@...> wrote :

 How about turning that iconic dome into a public space!  Re-envision,
repurpose it for an open, inclusive and rockin' venue.....e.g.,  you could do a
 "concerts in the dome" series.  How are the acoustics?  Sructure a
public-private partnership with the Town of Fairfield.

 Public Space architecture and design | ArchDaily
http://www.archdaily.com/search/projects/categories/public-space

 View on www.archdaily.com
http://www.archdaily.com/search/projects/categories/public-space
 Preview by Yahoo

 Archer, from a distance view that is fine, your philosophical of ‘no-doing
do-nothing’.

Some of us live in Fairfield, Iowa, though, with this amazing facility for
meditation that has just a couple hundred people meditating in it now. The
question, (..what can be done?) is operational, what can be done in the
community to better utilize the place by way of facilitating the meditating
community that came here to meditate.
 Some damages clearly were done to a feeling of cohesion of the meditating
community, what might the remediation look like to have more people meditating
collectively again in Fairfield, Iowa?

 Archer Angel writes:

 ..that nothing need be done.

 Should we create a dispensation for the meditators who do not attend group
meditation in Fairfield, Iowa? What can we do?

One could correlate from what science that we do know about group meditation
that a large part of the tense psycho-spiritual problems we collectively face
is rooted in the absentee meditators living here, those who do not attend to
the collective meditation of Fairfield, Iowa.  All those Art of Living people,
the Oneness people, the Amma satsang and others. They seem to not care that
they are given this opportunity, even at the weekday no-badge group meditation,
and they make no effort. Those satsangs don’t even show up to meditate with
others in collective group meditation as a practice where there is offered
invitation.   It is like they have a spiritual aloofness, a type of arrogance
that keeps them from doing the spiritual work.
 What can be done to motivate them to open their hearts to communal practice?
 -JaiGuruYou

 In Transcendentalism,
 this becomes MMY’s great legacy along the line with George Fox or Jesus Christ
"Where two or more are gathered..". This modern development, of natural
sciences correlating with transcendentalism in modern time as the practical
role of collective meditation, not only an individual experience is compelling
in transcendental meditationism but now by virtue of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's
articulation there is the evident science of collective practice of meditation
on the whole.

 The evidence for the Maharishi Effect continues to mount up. Another
compelling, new study came out in February of this year, again based on
publicly available statistics. This is a scientific breakthrough that outstrips
all others in its power to do good for ourselves, our nation, and our world.
 Jai Guru Dev
 Raja John Hagelin

 When a person waters the root of life, when they begin to experience the
transcendental field of their own existence, which is the treasure house of
inexhaustible energy, and intelligence, and harmony and bliss —then that as we
know gets infused into their lives and their lives become so much better. They
evolve, they grow, and they start to live in such a way that automatically
their actions are in harmony with the laws of nature.

"The public are invited to experience some degree of the power of a group
meditation,"

 "
 Meditators notice that even in a group of two there is a greater settling of
the mind, and this effect grows in accordance with how many people gather, says
Colin. "Regular meditators have reported much stronger experiences of silence
and bliss than they normally experience alone or in their usual groups of 20–50
people.
 ..The public are invited to experience some degree of the power of a group
meditation," -explains TM teacher, Colin Beckley

 Right from the beginning of his movement, Maharishi predicted that even a
small number of the world's population practicing his Transcendental Meditation
technique could neutralize the stress being built up in the world
consciousness, thus averting conflicts and wars.

 The Meissner-like Effect of Collective Meditation..

 As early as,

 “In 1960 Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of the Transcendental Meditation
program, predicted that a transition in society toward a more orderly and
harmonious functioning would occur when a small fraction -on the order of one
percent- of a population practiced the Transcendental Meditation technique (6),
and in December 1974 we found that crime rate did decrease in four midwestern
U.S. Cities in which one percent of the population was practicing the TM
technique.”

 Candace Borland, Ph.D., and Garland Landrith III, M.A., 'Improved Quality of
City Life Through the Transcendental Meditation Program: Decreased Crime Rate'
in Scientific Research on the Transcendental Meditation Program: Collected
Papers, Vol. I, eds. David W. Orme-Johnson, Ph.D., and John T. Farrow, Ph.D.,
West Germany, MERU Press, 1976

 Yep, group meditations were always used as part of the mix but you are right
as to its relative promotion in the earlier ™ movement.  Group meditations
clearly were an activating aspect for meditators in coming along in a deepening
experience with meditating.

 As I look around now for teachings that speak to the value of meditating in
groups the quotes that I do readily find are from other sages about the
spiritual practice of group meditation as an adjunct to individual or isolated
practice. Maharishi evidently employed the value of collective meditation
practice but I am not finding earlier comments from Maharishi related to simple
group meditation of the pre-sidhis ™ movement before the TMO went
Sidhis-centric.  He probably did speak to it, like at the time of calling
meditators together during the Cuban missile crisis with the Soviet Union.

 ..

The quote below concerned a special event in which "The saints and Mahatmas of
Uttarakhand" gathered together. This does not address the claim that there is
some special value to ordinary lay meditators practicing in groups in golden
domes or elsewhere.

I was very much involved in the TM movement for several years in the mid-1970s
and I do not recall a single instance in which any special value was placed on
group meditations. The emphasis was always on rounding in the privacy of your
own room. I must have watched several hundred video tapes of MMY and I do not
recall a single one in which he spoke about this.

 He was employing group meditation as part of the mix from early on in his
teaching.  The call for meditators to come together [ Catalina Island retreat]
during the 1962 US Cuban Missile crisis with the Soviet Union.   Again in 1965
in the triangulation of ramped up and extremely incendiary rhetoric and between
the Soviet Union, The People’s Republic of [Maoist] China, and these United
States over an invasion of South Vietnam by communist North Vietnam that was
happening right then.

These calls to group meditation were each particular calls for meditators to
come together as a spiritual practice in group meditation.  Read the
description below from 1965 for his interpretation of it. That practiced
[effective] meditators have a societal responsibility to sit in groups
meditating/ for the world.  The science is pretty convincing on this now.
Certainly a failure of the ™ movement in the last few decades was to have let
it go so badly for itself and have separated so many people from the meditating
movement and its group meditations.

 I learned TM in 1975 at the Manhattan Center. As I recall, we were told there
was a group meditation (20 minutes) every evening that we were welcome to
attend.

 It wasn't pushed on us, nor was there any dogma about how it would have
greater benefits, but it was clearly presented as an opportunity to be taken
advantage of if we could.

  • [FairfieldLife] Re: The... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [Fairfield... Archer Angel archonan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]