Ayurveda came from a country in the tropics. I once asked an Indian vaidya at a group meeting of his clients if he found people in the west like Europe and the US different to treat. His eyes lit up as he said "yes" and the next sound was of jaws dropping from his clients. Cold drinks are also not recommended but medical research shows they have no actual effect on digestion. An Indian friend once mused that Americans were so pitta that ice water had no effect. I also had fun asking for "garma pani" at Indian restaurants. That's Hindi for "hot water".