Gulati, these are interesting (spiritual) papers.  Are they academic writing or
also of your own direct inner experience? Just wondering.

 Long-term Meditators here in Fairfield, Iowa on the Invincible America
Assembly Course meditating in the Domes, some for many years, give expressions
that are more direct discernment about their inner experience this way, like
the definitions and assertions in your paper though the nomenclature of their
experience is not as strictly technical Sanskrit/hinduistic as you lay out.

 I am appreciating your employing ‘centration’ as a descriptive device instead
of, ‘concentration’.

 As to your speculations about souls as resident in the human being, my wife
trained as a nurse has been with hundreds of people as they have transitioned
from earthly life, and with a number of great souls. Trained in modern
physiology as a nurse and also spiritually cultivated in her own right
intuitively, the transition of the soul as a ‘light-body’ out of the vessel of
the body has a reality to it for her to see and work with in vigil as a nurse.

 Based on your writings you would likely be interested to talk with her
sometime as to her experience with it. She has given talks about the
‘incarnational implication’ of death in life from her insight with it..
“People die as the live.”  You likely would appreciate how she speaks from her
experience with it..
https://sites.google.com/site/jenniferhamiltonchakrapracik/
https://sites.google.com/site/jenniferhamiltonchakrapracik/

 #
 devindersingh gulati writes:

 First of all, in regard to the composition of the soul itself, there is a
speciality which must be understood. The composition of earthly consciousness
always consists of the physical, vital and mental energy. The consciousness
upon which the ego concentrates and revolves around, that formation over which
the ego sense is concentrated consists always of the physical, vital and mental
energies. So there is a formation of physical, vital and mental energy over
which a sense ‘I am’ is constantly vibrating. And this ‘I am’ is a sense also
consisting of mental energy. So you might say mental energy vibrating over
mental energy with a specific colour of it which says I am, I am, I am. This is
constantly held by memory.
 As opposed to this formation the soul does not get composed of the physical,
vital and mental energies. This is the first distinction. It is different from
physical, vital and mental energies. If you use the Sanskrit word for physical,
vital and mental energies it is Prakriti, because that is what ultimately
Prakriti means. It means energy of movement and energy as manifested today is
the energy of physical, mental, and vital, threefold energy �”� the physical in
which tamas is predominant, vital in which rajas is predominant and mental in
which sattva is predominant, it is called Trigunatmak Prakriti.
 The first distinction of the soul is that it is not composed of this threefold
energy. Secondly, the soul here is a delegate of the jivatman. Being a delegate
of the jivatman, it has the qualities of the jivatman. If it does not consist
of physical, vital and mental energies what is it composed of? Being the
delegate of the jivatman, it has the composition of the jivatman.
 The composition of jivatman is a centration, a specificity of the Supreme Lord
Himself. Mamaeva amsha – is the description given in the Gita. The jivatman is
Mamaeva amsha. It is my portion, my centration, not part because the Lord
cannot be divisible. This jivatman is the madhvadaha of the Kathopnishad, the
eater of honey. This jivatman is the centration of the Supreme Lord Himself
which vibrates with, which is composed of, the energies of Satchitananda
Himself. Its vibrations, its energies are energies of Satchitananda, which are
all manifesting through Truth. So you might say Truth Energy. It is composed of
not physical, vital and mental energies, but Truth Energies. Truth Energy
consists of Satchitananda. It is itself the centration of Satchitananda. This
soul is a delegate of this jivatman so it has all the elements of the jivatman.
This is the composition.

 In other words this is a composition of the Supreme Lord and Para Prakriti as
per the Gita. Ego is the formation of Prakriti. It is also called Apara
Prakriti, lower Prakriti distinguished from Para Prakriti. The composition of
the ego is that of Apara Prakriti. Composition of the soul which is the
delegate of the jivatman is that of Para Prakriti which is Truth Energy and
which is centration of the Divine Himself, it is energy and centration. This
centration is specific, sustained by the Divine permanently, eternally.
 This specificity is distinguishable from all other specificities, my soul,
your soul, her soul; each one is distinguished from the other. Each one is a
centration of the Divine. For each one is distinct from the other. In that
distinctness each one is independent of the other. But it is entirely
inseparable from the Supreme Lord because it is a centration of the Lord. In
other words, each soul or each jivatman knows itself to be independent of all
the rest only in regard to its distinctness from the others. But not in the
sense that it is independent as separate from all the others; distinct from
others yes, but not separate from all the others. This is a subtle distinction
which is to be made. Being inseparable from the Supreme Lord it knows it is
entirely dependent upon the Supreme Lord and it does not fall into a mistake of
thinking that it is independent of all the rest. Therefore the individuality
consists of its distinctness from the others, inseparability from the Supreme
and from the Para Prakriti and that it is eternal and inextinguishable because
the Supreme is inextinguishable. Its formation of body, life and mind are
constantly mutable, therefore they are extinguishable but the soul which is a
delegate of the jivatman and the jivatman being the eternal centration of the
Divine, is inextinguishable. Therefore, while the ego and egoistic formation is
mutable and extinguishable, the soul is inextinguishable. Jivatman himself with
all his consciousness, if it descends completely into the human body as it is
with all its fullness of knowledge, then the kind of play that is to be played
cannot be played because it will all the time be conscious and the gradual
evolution which is to take place will not take place.  -Gulati