Here’s what I wrote about radiance:
TMers emanate a type of radiance during group meditations. Maharishi and the TM
movement have had several publicity campaigns extolling possible benefits to
society from radiance.

There are many instances besides meditation when a kind of energy is
transferred from person to person. For example, the electricity-like atmosphere
at concerts, plays, and sporting events is an amazing, worthwhile life
experience.

Another possibility of energy transference might occur when seeing someone else
yawn, or when riding in a car with someone who takes a nap.

In 1973, I first noticed that meditations seemed deeper when meditating with
others on my Science of Creative Intelligence course. There is a radiance
effect coming off a meditator that does affect other meditators in the
vicinity. I noticed a radiance effect also when learning the TM-Sidhi on
levitation in that I was more likely to hop when someone close to me was also
hopping.

During the years that I was ungrounded, I seemed to sense a deeper quality of
silence when entering the city of Fairfield, Iowa. Although the placebo effect
could be at play, I think that an ungrounded person is more likely to sense the
deeper silence in Fairfield than someone who is grounded.

The TM organization came up with what seems to be fanciful mathematics to
predict the radiance effect of the TM-Sidhis program. They stated that when the
square root of 1% of a population practices the TM-Sidhis program as a group,
there will be an immediate reduction of hostility and violence in the
population. These kinds of unbelievable claims eventually made it easy for me
to walk away from the TM movement.

I do think there is a super-radiance effect from large groups practicing the TM
and TM-Sidhi program, but I suspect it has a mixture of healthy and unhealthy
effects. The unhealthy effect of TM super-radiance is probably greater on
people who are ungrounded. I suspect that the effect on the population as a
whole would be negligible, but there might be a means of small benefit through
hormesis.

More on my musings at https://myenlightenmentdelusion.wordpress.com