I am feeling sorry you had such an experience with your system. There seems to
be a range and distribution of how these states can unfold in the system.
Evidently you have visited around with others who have had this version of
experience like yours and who have themselves worked with it. It seems there
have been some interviews with folks on BATGAP who had experience somewhat
similar to yours, not all of it maniacal or on edge of a PTSD. There was a guy
in town here a couple of weeks ago giving a seminar on the unfolding of
spirituality and shakti as a field in spiritual life. That was helpful with
insight to some.  Some of the folks over on The Peak it seems have experience
with it too and talk/console about it. Dang physiology and life in the body,
best of luck with it and best of wishes for you.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <myenlightenmentdelus...@gmail.com> wrote :

 Wow! There are so many books! I was unaware of Prophetic Charisma.
 I wrote My Enlightenment Delusion from my TM experience and from my conjecture
without having done much research. Prophetic Charisma by Len Oakes seems to
agree with what I wrote about “guru maniacs”.
 The following quote is from
https://www.sunstonemagazine.com/pdf/113-71-73.pdf: “To the extent that
prophets are mentally ill, Oakes believes narcissism to be one cause.
Narcissism places the prophet at the center of a world that exists for the
prophet's pleasure. This unusual, self-focused world promotes insanity It also
demands a high degree of creativity Hence, Oakes agrees with Lany Foster, a
Mormon historian, that Joseph Smith suffered from manic depression, which
contributed to Smith's high degree of creativity.”
 From my book: “I am using the phrase “guru maniac” to describe a person who
along with having delusions of grandiosity during a kundalini crisis also
happens to have the charisma, the gift of gab, and the ability to carry out a
tactical strategy to attract followers. Most guru maniacs have an uncommon
intellectual ability which they use to impress potential followers.
 The phrase “spiritual maniac” describes a person who is different from a guru
maniac. A spiritual maniac has delusions of grandiosity related to a kundalini
crisis, but doesn’t have the necessary traits mentioned above to become a guru.
 A spiritual maniac is more likely to end up in a mental hospital whereas a
guru maniac can talk themselves out of just about any predicament.
 I did not possess the charisma or eloquence to become a guru maniac, but even
I flirted with the possibility of becoming a guru when I had my kundalini
crisis. That is the manic symptom of over-self-confidence.
 Since the guru maniac has the lexicon of spiritual literature, he likely sees
his kundalini crisis as being a legitimate higher state of consciousness.
Thinking that one is enlightened is grandiose thinking.
 A guru maniac has the ability to master the enormous quantity of intellectual
blather that has accumulated in religions and yogic traditions over centuries.
Being able to speak about the mishmash of ancient wisdom allows a guru maniac
to speak with credibility and authority.
 Whereas most psychotic maniacs may have friends, family, and medical doctors
letting the maniac know that they are delusional, guru maniacs probably do not
have anyone telling them they are delusional.
 Instead the followers of a guru maniac legitimatize the grandiosity that the
guru maniac sees in himself. And the guru maniac sees his grandiose self-esteem
validated through his own interpretations of spiritual literature.
 If a guru maniac could see that his thoughts were grandiose delusions, he
would lose his towering self-worth, but a guru maniac is unlikely to recognize
his own delusions.
 As time passes, guru maniacs adapt physiologically and mentally to their
kundalini crisis. They are able to have one foot in their grandiose delusion
and one foot in the world shared with other people.
 Guru maniacs learn to keep some of their delusions to themselves in order to
keep themselves presentable to followers. Guru maniacs walk the line between
hiding their innermost thoughts and sharing their grandiose ideas about
themselves.
 It is easy to understand how guru maniacs enjoy having followers who not only
adore them, but are also willing to serve them. Having followers must be the
ultimate pick-me-up. Guru maniacs eat up the attention and the power of having
followers.
 Like celebrities and powerful people, guru maniacs have often abused followers
related to money, sex, and power. Abuse from guru maniacs is particularly
maddening because guru maniacs espouse spiritual principles that are supposed
to aid moral living.
 I propose that after a guru maniac easily receives respect, admiration, and
service from followers, the guru maniac can lose his moral compass. The guru
maniac starts to think that he can do anything.
 Are all founders of religions and spiritual movements guru maniacs?
 It would seem to have gall to share original ideas on spiritual matters.
Almost by definition, spiritual matters are beyond perception and
comprehension, but even so, some people come along to declare things as facts
concerning the previously unknowable realm.
 Founding or changing a religion would take a real gutsy person, or if not a
gutsy person, a person in the midst of a manic episode with delusions.
 A founder of a religion would have to speak with great authority, intensity,
and persuasiveness in order to get followers, and these happen to be the
qualities of a guru maniac. When under the influence of mania, a guru maniac
thinks he can do anything, and with his charisma, he can do amazing things.
 When I hear about either ancient or modern people who have spiritual visions
or who hear from God, I think they had a grandiose delusion from a kundalini
crisis.”