Forwarded from the below friend, who asked for the name to be deleted:

This information comes to you as a courtesy. If you choose to forward it,
please delete my name.

>From a Fairfield Resident….

Mayor Ed Malloy invited me to have a private meeting with him to discuss Smart
Meters, and I am so glad he did. Although I am not in favor of Smart Meters,
much of the information being disseminated by those opposed to them is divisive
and inaccurate.

Ed has been working with Alliant since February, and Alliant agreed to an
opt-out policy months ago, long before the group opposed to Smart Meters even
existed. No petition for opting out is necessary, as Alliant has long agreed.
Alliant also agreed long ago to let people keep their own meters. Therefore,
much of the information being presented at the meeting tonight is inaccurate,
incomplete, and misleading. As Ed has pointed out, we don't need petitions to
force Alliant to do what they have long agreed to do.

The group opposed to Smart Meters is not telling people that if you opt out of
Smart Meters you will have to read your own meters every month and follow a
reporting process. You will have to pay an extra charge for this manual method,
as it will be more expensive for Alliant to process the data.  This information
is not being presented at tonight’s meeting.
If you choose for a Smart Meter, Alliant has agreed to program it so that it
has a radio-wave burst only twice a day for a just a few seconds—and at the
time of your choosing. This is far less damaging than wireless or a cell phone
in your house. Alliant is really working well with Ed and the community, and
those in the anti-Smart Meter group are simply refusing to believe the truths
they are being told. They are even claiming that Smart Meters will be on all
the time and will be used to collect covert data on US
citizens—conspiracy-theory stuff.

A community open house will be held at the Sondheim on Thursday, November 16,
from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm, where Alliant representatives will present all the
information people need to know. Mayor Malloy will be there as well. This is
the event that community members should be encouraged to attend.

While I am not in favor of Smart Meters. I am in favor of truthful and
responsible information dissemination about this topic. We need scientific
facts, not distorted and exaggerated hype that upsets people unnecessarily.

In peace-