ATTENTION COMMUNITY:

Important Meeting TOMORROW, Tuesday, Dec. 5 1:30 - 3:30 With Iowa Attorney General Mobile Office at the Senior Center near the Water Tower

Will You Please come and meet with the Iowa Attorney General’s Mobile Office this Tuesday, Dec. 5, to let them know why you would like to keep your analog meters, and how you feel about Alliant Energy’s smart meter roll-out in Iowa? The More the Better ! To create a sufficient effect and result, a large number of people is needed! OR use the link below for individual complaints:

Note: do this soon, if inspired, don't worry about doing it by tomorrow.  Please be specific, brief and polite. Our group Complaint Filing will handle technical data, so don't worry about technical facts.

Fairfield Safe Meters, FFSM has been serving the Jefferson County for the past seven years to avoid excessive electromagnetic smog. Following are those who have been most involved in FFSM in recent months and currently:

Robert Palma Engineering and Technology Consultant
Jennifer Diamond
Kathy Matara
Janet Evertsen
Lisa Ashelman, on LOA starting now
Haddington O’Heart
Chris Bell Bau-biologist, J.D.
Einar & Mary Cathryn Olsen
Shai Perelson Electrical Engineer
Simon Davies

(FFSM) will be organizing a GROUP complaint filing with the Iowa Attorney General based on substantial evidence (cf. ‘Alliant’s Frequently Changing Offers” link below).

Concerns A-D:

The Confusion Created by Alliant Changing their Stance so often is dividing us, making it difficult to act, trust or work together.

A: Alliant Changed Position on Certified Refusal Letters

​Three Alliant officials told Mayor Malloy that Alliant would not consider the Certified Refusal letters, and that everyone who wanted to opt out needed to call Alliant and Mayor Malloy published this in the Fairfield Weekly Reader display ad

Then the (IUB) stated it was the most important thing we could do is submit the Certified Refusals, and those that did, DO NOT need to call in. This contradictory information, gets people frustrated and uncertain what to do. This is very divisive.

Alliant then a few days later completely changed its position, and told us that the Refusal letters are being evaluated by their legal department, but they had not yet taken a position on the letters, and that each person who sent a letter will have that fact entered in their customer record.

B: Now, as of a week ago, Alliant says they have no current opt out or meter policy!

Alliant has been showing substantial administrative disarray and confusion, in two ways: 1) changing its position four times in the past several months, and
2) different Alliant reps giving different policies to different customers in the same time frame.

This is a very salient fact in the process and project of keeping analog meters, and avoiding becoming ingredients in the planned EMF soup, of which smart meters are only an early step. The specifics of Alliant’s administrative disorganization are detailed in the link at the bottom called “Alliant's Frequently Changing Offers”.

C. Conflicting Local Info

FFSM is the only organized group addressing​ the smart meter challenge for Fairfield. We feel the Fairfield smart meter petition page on Change.org, contains ​misleading statements and scientific ​inaccuracy,​ and ​is not ours.​ In addition, ​comments ​on​ personal FB pages under the pseudonym ​'Kathryn Shore’ are also not ours. For example ​inaccurate information was​ posted and sent to many​ people that signed the Change.org petition about the recent Wisconsin smart meter measurements (corrected by scientific information written by our Tech Advisor, Robert Palma). (http://www.rfreduce.com/robertsblog/smart-meters

D. Digital Meter Information Discrepancies - Update:

Alliant smart meter readings show dangerously high radiation, substantially higher than safe guidelines, and pulses far more often than Alliant states.

Under the supervision of electrical engineer Shai Perelson, FFSM journeyed to Wisconsin, where Alliant Energy has installed 470,000 smart meters. Careful measurements were taken with a state-of-the-art instrument, and the results were alarming, in two ways: (note: these were the same meters they were proposing to give us):

  1. The measurements showed spikes up to 1400 microwatts/square meter - very harmful levels of RF radiation - much higher than the European Academy of Environmental Medicine (EAEM) guidelines, which recommend only 100 microwatts/square meter (daytime exposure). So Alliant meters radiated 14 times higher than recommended by the EAEM. Many experts, including Robert Palma, consider FCC exposure levels excessively high and prefer use of EAEM guidelines

    2.  Although Alliant states that its meters transmit "six times/day,” our Wisconsin
         measurements showed transmissions six times per minute.

FFSM then confirmed these findings at Alliant’s Open House in Fairfield, Nov. 16 at the Sondheim Center. The same state-of-the-art instrument was used and showed the same results - 1400/microwatts/sq. meter (and even much higher) up to 30 feet away from the smart meter - many times above EAEM guidelines.

*Alliant materials at their Open House in no place state that their smart meters are safe - only that they meet FCC maximum exposure levels.

Fairfield Community, this is a large bright red flag waving before us in the phase transition breeze.

Action step:

Many More Refusal Letters needed - 1,000's more

Assistance for ​additional​ certified Refusal Letters and Complaint filing will be available at Everybody's Whole Foods starting Thurs 12/7 and every Tues and Thurs thereafter 2:30 - 4:30 pm at least through year-end. Trained volunteers from FFSM will be there for you. ​Please bring your Alliant account number, and $5 for the mailing cost for the certified letter and our admin costs. Additional donations would be much appreciated, as we are all spending hundreds of hours, plus our expenses on this project.

Please keep asking your neighbors to continue the certified Refusal letters because they have been our most effective method to state our position.

Stay With It

We need to firmly​ let Alliant know that we want to keep our analogs. Analog meters​ have been working quite well ​for 30-50 years in Iowa at little expense. 54,000 Californians opting out also have a state mandate to keep analogs. ​Analog meters are allowed as opt outs in many other locations around the country. EMF radiation such as emitted by smart meters has been shown to be very harmful in numerous published studies. The National Cancer Institute, the American Academy of Environmental Medicine, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization state that EMF radiation is potentially harmful. Please see the following information on the published scientific research on EMF harm:

Click here for EMF Research Links.

SEE YOU TOMORROW, TUESDAY AT 1:30 AT THE SENIOR CENTER WITH THE IOWA ATTY GENERAL’S MOBILE OFFICE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!