Community Forum
 Wednesday December 13th, 7:30 pm – all invited
 Super-Radiance – What Will It Take?
 To Bring Us Together, To Rebuild Common Purpose
 To Restore Group Program Attendance
 Phoenix Rising Hall, 207 W Burlington
 In this meeting we’ll examine our own desires, both for ourselves and our
world, to re-establish a more powerful influence of coherence in collective
consciousness from our Golden Domes and other group program facilities.
 ·       Are we inspired? Do we feel empowered? Does each one of us feel we are
Maharishi’s movement?
 ·       How shall we ensure that each one of us feels valued and honored in
what we do to fulfill Maharishi’s goals for the world?
 ·       How shall we all communicate effectively, so that concerns and ideas
are heard, are acknowledged with respect and kindness, and are given prompt and
appropriate attention?
 ·       What more can we do to raise group practice attendance?
 ·       How shall we do justice to the gift Maharishi has bestowed on us? How
shall we pass that gift to all corners of our world?
 Please join together to share our vision and to plan community action – with
love, creative intelligence and enthusiasm. As always, we’ll have an open mic
so all may speak.
 Also – next month, in commemoration of our annual January celebration, we’ll
have a special meeting for members of our community to share with all of us our
own stories of how we met Maharishi, or how the knowledge he gave us first
touched us.
 Empowering Leadership in All – Sharing and Working on Common Interests
 For Ourselves – For Our Community – In Joy and Service For Our World
 Blessings of the Season to All !
 Community Forum Steering Group

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Minutes:

 Community Forum,
 4th Meeting..
 A 'Community Forum' about retirement and eldercare in the Fairfield, Iowa area.
 Held at Phoenix Rising Meeting Hall in Fairfield, Iowa

 Intents for Fairfield..
 Scribed Notes From a Community Forum about Fairfield, Iowa.
 November 15, 2017
 From an advertised open community meeting held at the meeting hall of Phoenix
Rising in Fairfield.

 Scribed Notes:  A public collecting of
 active ‘Intents’ for Fairfield...
 People’s own individual ideas as personal ‘intents’ to work on..

 Notes:
 Gathered  ‘Intentions’ of people offering a personal intent to work on..

 Fairfield as a Retirement Mecca where there is security.
 An inclusive community in a mixed community without warehousing of people.
 A Retirement life with Nature
 Handicap accessibility
 Therapeutic cares made accessible and affordable.
 A welcoming of spiritual modalities of healing.
 Intent for mental health services that are spiritual and effective
 Adoptive grandparent program
 Child Daycare with elders

 Integrated memory care
 Concern for freedom within memory care.
 Conscious dying care

 Intent for beautiful food
 Community Gardens
 Sourcing of allergy free foods.

 A communal Intent for modeling facilities with best technologies and building
materials.
 Adaptable housing codes friendly to environment.
 Zoning that is open to tiny houses.
 Mixed age housing.
 Gathering places.
 Review older draftings and models of community plans.
 Regenerative life, revisit Fairfield’s strategic plan for sustainability.

 Entertainment.
 Accessible global arts and culture.
 Intent for global Investment opportunities for the local community.
 Intent for integrating the Fairfield community with the University.

 2000 in meditation in the Domes
 Dome Endowment
 Pricings sympathetic to people in supplemental social security (Supplemental
SSI)
 Grants to housing rehabilitation.
 Consciousness of a downside to tourism driving up prices of housing, rents and
living in Fairfield
 Affordable Panchakarma treatment.
 Proposal to re-employ the pool of well trained panchakarma ayurvedic techs
 Prorated support of the ‘assembly’ by age, for youth and the elderly.
 Elders in retirement in the Domes meditating doing the long meditation
program.

 Promotion of Fairfield retirement features with video, Youtube &DVD’s.
 Film project to collect oral histories.
 Collecting archival artifacts of the town and university.
 (Wanted for archiving project, pictures of MIU in Santa Barbara before the
move to Fairfield.
 Also, locate the logo sign of MIU. Contact archivists at MUM library.)
 Understanding new technologies, Bitcoins for reasons of generating wealth in
the community.
 Develop Digital currency for the Raam.

 Program speakers presenting on aspects of retirement and eldercare in the
Fairfield area:
 Ed Noyes(communal intentions), Dr. John Hagelin (University), Ed Malloy
(Fairfield), Tom Stanley(Facilitator), Jennifer Hamilton(Elder homecare), Pat
Barrett (ILC senior care facilities), Bob Markowitz(ILC Campus housing for
retirement)

 Email Contact for the steering committee of the Community Forum:

 communityfor...@gmail.com mailto:communityfor...@gmail.com

 Meeting Minutes of intentions transcribed by Doug Hamilton

 #

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :
Published Announcement..
  Community Forum with Dr. Hagelin
 - Wed. Nov. 15, 7:45pm

 Community Forum — Wednesday November 15th
with Dr. John Hagelin — all invited
 Retirement Housing, Financial Security and Elder Care in a Spiritual Community
 7:45-9:15 pm — Phoenix Rising Hall, 207 W Burlington
 MUM President Dr. John Hagelin will join us for a discussion of the retirement
needs of all members of our community. We will share plans and ideas for:
 the imminent expansion of the IdeaLife Community in Maharishi Vedic City;
spiritually informed elder home-care in Fairfield and the county; retirement
security for University faculty, staff and long-serving teachers of the
Transcendental Meditation program; deserving an ideal retirement community (why
not?). We invite everyone to share their visions and plan practical community
action — bring your love, creative intelligence and enthusiasm. As always,
we’ll conclude with an open mic for general comments.
 SHARING JOY – ENLIVENING LEADERSHIP IN ALL – WORKING TOGETHER TO ADVANCE
COMMON INTERESTS – BUILDING BETTER LIVES FOR OURSELVES – SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
AND WORLD
 Community Forum Steering Group

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Ad Hoc In-home elder care Committee Meeting:

Sunday October 29th 2017
 In-Homecare for Elders in FF

 Meeting minutes for:

 We are seeking quality of life throughout the life span!

 Wide ranging Considerations
 For in-home care:

 Support, Trainings or upgrades for:
 Companions
 Caregivers
 Point persons
 Volunteers
 Good neighbors, opening dialogues in your neighborhood/cohort

 Services needing expansion:
 Creating databases of available caregivers/volunteers and possible website
 Respite for caregivers
 Grief support locally-
 Auxiliary Hospice services supporting services for in-home care.
 SEIDA Volunteer Service (as an existing resource)
 Mealtrain.com (as an existing resource)
 Understanding Legal Powers of Attorney/ Health directives/living wills/

 Develop Spiritually informed in-home Care-giving Strategies:
 In home care.
 Co-housing.
 Cluster housing.
 Pundit Village housing for IA participants, TM community meditators.
 Emergency housing.
 Skilled nursing In-house facility,
 Hospice, end of life.
 Neighborhood Watch models.
 Green House Project (skilled nursing facility for Southeast Iowa)
 w/ Eden Alternative ethos

 Thank you for coming to the meeting on Sunday and contributing as so many of
you did!  Twenty seven people came together to begin the discussion of what we
want to support, develop and create in Fairfield for people as they live and
age and move through end of life care.

 A very organic, largely volunteer level of care has been happening in
Fairfield all along…many people generously, compassionately coming forward to
care for others as the need arises.  This will continue as it should!  The
interest here is to see people generally planning ahead and see to areas that
could be better coordinated in order to serve more people more effectively and
see fewer people “fall through the cracks” in receiving the care they require
and better support primary caregivers.

 Relying on government services as they continue to be slashed and dismantled
on state and national levels is not as realistic in the coming years.  This is
a time to create what we want.

 The following are ideas/concerns people expressed.  It is just a start.  If
you see an area here that you would like to weigh in on and/or help with,
please indicate that by putting an “X” by it and returning it to me…
ham...@lisco.com

 We will have our next meeting  November 26th, 2 to 4 pm at the Hamilton house,
2140 227th St.  All are welcome.

#

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 3rd Meeting,
 A 'Community Forum' about Fairfield, Iowa.
 (Consideration of Tourism)
 Minutes:
 Intents for Fairfield..

 Scribed Notes From a Community Forum about Fairfield, Iowa.
 October 24, 2017

 From an advertised open community meeting held at the meeting hall of Phoenix
Rising in Fairfield.

 Notes:

 A public collecting of
 active ‘Intents’ for Fairfield...
 People’s own individual ideas as personal ‘intents’ to work on..

 Fairfield Community Meeting Notes:

 Intent: A Fairfield of
 welcome and friendliness.
 Of business opportunity..
 A place to live and to visit for many good reasons.

 Intents To: Embrace Skilfull Marketing..
 To Demonstrate a High Quality of life.

 Fairfield as a model of:
 Prosperity and Abundance.

 Showcasing: small town integrity and safety with a high Quality of life.
 For caring, friendliness, welcome and nurturing.
 A place of respite. A safe place.

 Featuring:
 The Fairfield Cosmopolitan..
 Exemplary Dining.
 Showcasing the peace, tolerance and inclusion we have here.
 The Dynamic Connection to World Opportunities.
 The fun, enjoyment, spiritual and material of feeling at home in Jefferson
County.
 Our emotional quality of fun.

 The intent for communal engagement across demographics.

 Highlight: The unity and diversity of population.
 A World Family that is Fairfield, Iowa.

 The Breadth of Knowledge-base in the community
 For instance the knowledge about health and wellness,
 and other areas.

 Feature the wide variety of healthcare available in the community.

 Exampling of New Technologies.

 /Demonstrating Ecological life.

 The Chautauqua-like discussion of World Matters in Fairfield.

 The communal demonstration of stewardship.
 More than ‘sustainable’ net-zero energy effcient but building regenerative
housing stock.

 The cosmopolitan resource of the University community.

 Showcase the breadth of talent, entertainment and artistic facility of the
Fairfield community.

 Fairfield, a place of civility where left and right meet as a demonstration of
self-governance also in a willingness to challenge corporate order.

 Acknowledging and promoting a larger and mature active spiritual community
which is featuring now as a place of pilgrimage and tourism.

 Culture Attracts Tourism:

 A place of world-class gardens.

 Intent for a world-class film theatre with world-class films.

 Unique ‘world’-class shops and shopping.

 Someone’s intention: for a Brahman Cattle farm

 Intent for: Enhancing Beauty in Community.

 Family life:
 Feature the early childhood development and family activities. Parks, nature,
recreation, library, museums, schools, arts, activities for growing a family
life.

 Showcase the Quality of Educational Opportunity:
 the public schools, Singing Cedars Waldorf-inspired school, MSAE, the
University.

 Intent: in support of a community facilitation that shows everyone belongs in
respect of personal freedom and quiet life, that Fairfield is a safe community.
That there is a communal ethos of tolerance also for eccentricity.

 Feature the power of the vibe in a communal (underlying) transcendent in
universality and love. That Fairfield is a place that promotes the expansion of
happiness.

 Intent: that we be devotees of service to ourselves and community together in
communal engagement.

 To promote a communal engagement where everyone becomes an ambassador and
holds responsibility for tourism in promoting a willingness towards encouraging
cultural diversity.

 Communal Fairfield, Iowa.

 This meeting concluded with a substantial presentation and short discussion
considering the long term adversity within the collapse of numbers attending
the daily group meditations in the Domes in Fairfield by the affect of the TM
movement’s ongoing administrative monitoring of people’s private lives.

 It is anticipated that another community forum similar to this will be held in
November with Dr. Hagelin and others focusing on retirement issues related to
Fairfield and the Fairfield meditating community.

 These meetings are the work of an ad hoc committee of people who are invested
in the well being of the community of Fairfield, Iowa.
 ..]

 .#