> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, braaahmaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Excellent list. Could be used for major and minor "gurus".
>
> To me, it reads more like a "Test of Characteristics I Don't Think
> Gurus Should Have."

Which seems to imply that that is a bad thing. That one should be
totally innocent and take any guru with any qualities because we don't
want "expectations" to spoil the evolutionary process.

Clearly that was not SBS's criteria. And many chela / later gurus. SBS
wandered high and low looking for gurus who met his three main
criteria (I suspect there were more, of minor nature). He rejected
many fine and noble teachers. He waited until he found one that met
HIS standards and crieria. That, to me, seems to be a good thing.

While I do not use to all the points on the list, and my list refines
overtime -- not the same now as at 16, the list articulates many fine
qualites, IMO. And is missing a few. See "adders".

> Even so, MMY doesn't do too badly on it.  Some of the
> criteria apply to him, but a lot don't.

I thought it quite relevant for many teachers. Not just MMY. And not
"professed" gurus. Might be the same by another name. "Satsang
Facilitator" is currently a popular one. Or "Life Coach". Or "Wife"
(joke).

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CQDrNC/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM