Thanks. This and prior post on ILC are helpful. They confirm my sense of ILC.
It may be good for at some later point for a retreat period. However, for now,
I want to get to know the community and explore FF. Living in town works better
for me for that.

 For housing rentals, I have been looking at Craigslist/SE Iowa and
HomeShareFairfield, the Facebook  group. Does anyone have other good sources of
rental listing?

 Anyone know of  good sites or blogs for information pertinent to relocating to
FF. Sites like
https://www.fairfieldinfocenter.org/fairfield-tm-information-center/
https://www.fairfieldinfocenter.org/fairfield-tm-information-center/transportation-ground/
 are useful but general.

 I have looked for, but not found, any feet-on-the-ground type of guide, with
the knowledge locals all know and very relevant to newcomers -- the nitty
gritty of functioning in a new location.  I have been plugging away, finding
bits and pieces here and there. I may compile such on a blog or site for other
potential newcomers.  It could speed up the process of figuring out if FF is a
viable option for them -- and ease their transition if they decide to take the
plunge.