The end of Winter, Spring.
 28 degrees this morning.
 I spent the day yesterday cutting and splitting firewood
 getting ready for next winter.

 Some text from the Sacred Harp tune, Winter..
 With the end of winter comes Spring, in Natural Law..

 His hoary frost, His fleecy snow,
 Descend and clothe the ground;
 The liquid streams forbear to flow,
 In icy fetters bound.

 He sends His word, and melts the snow,
 The fields no longer mourn;
 He calls the warmer gales to blow,
 And bids the spring return.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_...@yahoo.com> wrote :

Doug,

 Somebody from Iowa, especially Fairfield, should write a poem about Spring to
tell the rest of the US what you feel and think at this time.  And, when the
spring  of William Blake actually happens in your state.

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote :

 Yeah, out doing livestock chores before going to the Dome meditation, April
4th, 18 degrees and an arctic air-mass descending, blowing 18mph NW wind.
Another nor-easter brewing off New England? Global weird weather.

 We should celebrate the coming of spring.  May everyone here feel and enjoy
the blessings of spring for this year.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(poem)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(poem)