Carde,

 We must remember that the Bible story of Genesis is not a scientific document
it is a story of creation and of their faith as the Hebrews understood the
world at that time.  Similarly, the stories in Srimad Bhagavatam and the B.
Gita were stories of creation as the Hindus understood the world in terms of
the major Gods of their faith, such as Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

 But Susskind's presentation is based on sophisticated mathematics,  current
scientific researches and astronomical observations--although the presentation
appears simple and "easy" to grasp.  I'm particularly impressed at the concepts
he's presenting, such as (1) De Sitter space to show the number of universes or
multiverses in a simple "cauldron" to describe all of the worlds and universes
that are within and beyond our observable horizon;  the (2)"light cones" to
show the various existence  of the universes that "nucleate" or bubble up
within De Sitter space..  These light cones represent the archivests or
witnesses within each universes; (3) the assumption of a "slow roll"
cosmological constant to show that these universes will ultimately generate
universes that are conducive to human life as we know it..

 In the end, these ideas may be anthropomorphic in principle, which may and may
not revolve us back to the stories in the Bible and the Vedic texts.

 Overall, I think the concepts presented were thought-provoking and show a
paradigm shift in cosmology research.  But the scientific community will
certainly have a few ideas to ponder in the next few years.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <hepa7@...> wrote :

 IMHO, even the first expression of the bible seems refer to the fact(?), that
universes are created again and again:

 b'reshit , AFAIK, actually means in a beginning, NOT in the beginning,
 which would perhaps be bareshit (b + ha [the] + reshit)?

 But, I believe (not sure, though) in the original Hebrew text, without niqquds
or vowel diacritics,
 that distinction doesn't show!