--- authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "markmeredith2002"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, braaahmaan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> minor "gurus".
> > >
> > > To me, it reads more like a "Test of
> Characteristics I Don't
> Think
> > > Gurus Should Have."
> > >
> > > Even so, MMY doesn't do too badly on it.  Some
> of the
> > > criteria apply to him, but a lot don't.
> >
> > Seems to me #s
> 2,3,6,13,14,15,16,17,20,21,23,24,25, and 26 apply.
> > And I'm not even including the "outrageous titles"
> point, which MMY
> > gives liberally to others but not himself, or the
> "questionable
> > linneage" point, as the jyotir math shankaracharya
> linneage
> > controversy is not directly related.  I'm sure
> there are some who
> > would include the "opulence" point and maybe a
> couple others.
>
> Folks who want to reinforce their belief that MMY
> is a "false guru," like Vaj, can surely find ways to
> make all the criteria apply to him.  Likewise those
> who hold him in the highest esteem no doubt won't
> see
> any of the criteria as fitting.
>
> The truth, as usual, is probably somewhere in
> between.
>
> See my longer response to Vaj for the issues I take
> with his evaluation.
>
> I can't figure out how anybody could reasonably
> justify
> applying the "opulence" criterion, for example.

I agree with you, Judy. I took a look at some that
"apply" to MMY and thought, hmmm? Not really. Another
thing,as Jim pointed out in an earlier post, is that
you go with your direct experience with a guru. You
must interact with them directly and trust your
direct, authentic experience. You can't decide
conceptually beforehand! There are also different
levels of interaction with a guru. You have the
personality surface( of which most of these test are
addressing) and the transcendental. When you and the
guru connect on the transcendent level, the surface
behavior becomes essentially irrelevant. My first
contact with MMY was transcendental and deeply
profound. That's why I just scratch my head at all
this "surface" nonsense that he does. Curiously, my
first contact with SSRS was only on the surface
personality level. I experienced some darshan, but no
big deal. Same with Amma when I say her, nothing
transcendental. It took several times seeing SSRS and
then the whole thing openned-up. You can't judge the
impact of a guru on you by their surface behavior.
There's a whole other show going on right below the
surface, and that is the main act, not the surface.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AQDrNC/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM

> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YbEMxA/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM