(that people in meditation can influence others at a distance)

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 The consequent of that injunction ‘to not make anyone feel guilty’ is that any
conclusive summation had its legs cut off. After presenting the science and
criticism it just ended. There was not consideration of what comes implicit to
policy direction and reason for organizational facilitation of or individual
attendance at group meditations. Was like the team leadership was not there and
the ball was just let to roll off out of play.

 ..

 The material though was put in a box right at the beginning of the
presentation when David OJ started off by saying, that he was told to ‘not make
anyone feel guilty’ in the presentation.

 Om, so quite evidently the Meissner-like effect of meditation that is
transmitted on to other people is measurable with a high degree of certainty,
to as high a degree of certainty as the best of any science.

 Proximity and numbers of people meditating together do matter in the effect of
what is coined as the Maharishi Effect.  There is a truth in that.  The problem
with the research is that people are not aware of it,  don’t understand the
research or its implication, or that the high level of certainty of this
science is so disruptive of peoples’ paradigm that they respond by fighting it.
We have seen that here too. The meeting was very clear about this (that people
can influence others at a distance) in sequence and was in fact interesting to
listen to with its anecdotals. The meeting audience held mostly long time
meditators who already had valid Dome badges.

 ..

 Reply email:
 Yes, talk about group meditation is cheap if they the TM Movement admins and
reps are not willing to come to reconciliation with the larger meditating
community.
 email:
 Governors and Sidhas who are not taking Super Radiance meditation as important
because most of them have been ostracized and disillusioned by the movement.
And many of those who haven’t are not looking terribly healthy or sane.

 Coffee shop satsanga:

 Fairfield In conversation:

 “The meditating community is much more inclusive now moving towards unity
behavior, an understanding, seeing the truth in many things. This is informed
by their experience, by the transcendent. Not because someone said that it had
to look like a Unified Field Chart, it is informed by their experience. This is
what is moving the community forward and that is why we have someone visiting
like ( ) taking me aside and saying coming back to this, the engine, the
possibilities of this are so great here because of it. This does not seem to
require the Domes for people anymore. Or necessarily group practice anymore, or
even practice. We don’t even know what people are doing in their experience.

 There is a kind of cultivated maturity out in the community now that is not
requiring people to divulge what it is they are doing, or with whom, because as
Maharishi said, “mind your own business”. Everyone here is actively finding
their path. This, Fairfield, continues to be a maturing dynamic spiritual
community.

 In confirming this, if we have an administrative group that confirms it only
to “Thou Shalts” that it is going to be just about one practice when in life
one really has to realize that many things are actually required to develop
consciousness, that is why most of the people have left. They got it and some
realized ‘Oh, being in the dome that way is actually holding me back’. That is
what people have said. That, it, only went so far.

 In the consciousness part, the critically conscious part, how much ‘practice’
particularly of the ™-Siddhis program does one need to do?

 When you learn the mechanics of sanyama why is it required that you go in
there and hammer away at the sun and the moon and the stars and your navel and
god knows what else forever?

 For some people it (the Domes and ™) works and that is their path, like (),
she loves it. It may even be in someone’s chart, that they will have a practice
and it will work extremely well for them and they won’t need anything else.
This is the exception. That is the exception. But yet, the saints, these
maturing people in the community are not also saying ‘it could be dangerous’ to
go see the saints’ and just be content in their practice. No one is saying
people shouldn’t practice that Dome program it is just that for most of us that
program has served its purpose. They have done ‘yogic flying’ enough. It is
done. It is through. It worked and they manifestly needed to do these other,
these adjunct practices to help us in our processes that were not available,
not divined, condoned and quite frankly not understood by the ™ tru-believers.
The TB'ers don’t understand a thing about this. That is the great irony of this.

 In facilitating a community of course the ™ thing should be supporting group
practice, there is not problem with that.These cultivated people are having
inner experience that are objective to themselves, that is science. These other
people who are over intellectualizing and trying to administrate it miss this.
Experience in consciousness not in lineal formulas."

 ..

 email : I agree that a group of TM mediators created a wonderful community
here and there is an effect where like minded people come together on a path
and create harmony in the atmosphere... that’s why many are attracted to
satsang ( being with others in Truth) or ashrams.  But to solely emphasize that
mediating together in large groups will create 1% and change the world is not
that attractive a concept anymore. esp for those who have been meditating for
many decades and see the world going through more and more chaos.

 ..
 Other response:
 I don’t disagree with any of the personal reflections about our personal
connections to living a peaceful life and our own growth not being determined
by the external world. I do though believe in the enlivenment of the field of
nature’s intelligence having an impact on everything and that the resonance
brings about more positive energy and greater possibilities. If it’s not
someone’s calling, that’s okay. I agree that the message has become worn out
for some people. David Orme-Johnson’s presentations are always fascinating
though – even if you don’t believe.

 Communal Meeting Weds.

 Phoenix Rising Hall (Burlington and 3rd).
 7:30 PM, 20 June

 Maharishi Effect: Fact or Fiction?

 David Orme-Johnson, PhD, a leading long-time scientific researcher in the
Maharishi Effect, invites you.

With the Dome meditation attendance having fallen to be so low there is a
serious questioning about the endurance of the Dome group meditation in
Fairfield.  This meeting becomes an important way post in the journey of the
meditating community in Fairfield, Iowa.