With GenX who grew up in this, in conversation..

 “They may offer nothing that creates reparations for the past but they will
have to restate what they are and where they are going with it.  In these times
(w/ social media and #MeToo) they have to be something different. ..If they are
not going to give remuneration in reparation but then people do have agency to
decide whether to continue with that which went before. If the .org does not
allow the space to account for this then what did the community learn from
this?
 What did it learn and what can it carry forward? What did we value and what in
the community does not need to be attached to it? :Find conversation with peers
that love meditating and how it enriches your community.

 The movement may have missed the boat in appropriating ‘knowing God’, and
stripping the presentation of spirituality down to “It lowers blood pressure” &
‘stress release’. Misappropriating the spirituality, how do you take that from
where it has been stripped and then becomes something else, with
administrators?  How by contrast? ..Examples readily given in conversation.”

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 One could be surprised from how far away posts to FFL get read and read by
whom. And, relevant posts do get forwarded out to relevant folks also. At times
in the history of FFL the considerations here have gotten important traction.
That is okay and partly, for lack of access otherwise, is an avenue of how
things work in the movement community as a type of check and balance. So it is.

 Srijau writes:
 no New York times op-ed mystery here, its all Doug talking to Doug about what
Doug is doing - not so much circulating as circular.. looks like you have
mastered a kind of self-referral quality there lol.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 “a two-tier community/organization”.  Two-tiered and the holed up,  memo
forwarded around about the Dome meditation numbers..
 "It would help a lot for visible leaders to come to Group Practice and to the
events, so that we are not too much of a two-tier community/organization.

 We talk about Super-Radiance (SR) every day with people. 95%+ of the time, the
people say in reply, "Where are the leaders? Why don't they come to Program?"
That is predictably what we are going to hear when we bring up SR to anyone. We
hardly even have to ask anymore and hear, "Lead by example" and "walk the talk"
is what is expressed.

 From our side, we don't think people expect leaders to come all the time or
even often. But at least once or twice a month would make a huge difference.
The Super-Radiance Community Forum poster put up last December asked, "What
Will It Take?"

 We can say with certainty by now, it will take leaders coming to Group
Practice is the main thing it will take. There is no question that this is the
#1 best and most important idea and project to increase our National
Super-Radiance."

 #

 Olive Branch strengthens organizations by helping leaders understand the role
of conflict in organizational health.
 https://www.an-olive-branch.org/ https://www.an-olive-branch.org/

 Nothing so purifying as sunshine..

 A place for satsanga re-'mediation'..

 help for congregations torn by scandal..

http://www.post-gazette.com/lifestyle/2011/03/28/Local-Zen-center-offers-help-for-congregations-torn-by-scandal/stories/201103280154

http://www.post-gazette.com/lifestyle/2011/03/28/Local-Zen-center-offers-help-for-congregations-torn-by-scandal/stories/201103280154

 Transparency & Bringing Light in to .orgs

 "When a beloved leader is accused of wrongdoing, "the entire system is thrown
into turmoil. Rage, disbelief, shock, grief and departure are just some of the
reactions,"

 These active teachers from LA, NYC and DC each were saying in their own
experience that the owners of TM, the Trustees and Raja-class need to be active
TM teachers for perspective in running the organizations. Their suggestion is
to have the Raja and also the TM-Siddhis course administrators rotate every two
months out to the Centers/ Peace Palaces to teach TM alongside experienced
teachers to beginners for perspective. That would anchor the teaching and the
org instead of the stuff the owners get in to.

 skymtsea writes:  Many spiritual organizations have "back room" stuff that is
sanitized, kept out of sight of new members -- but can be disarming when
revealed. For me it's an ethical question that should be addressed in non-dual
orgs ethics efforts such as Rick is pursuing. Organizations should be
encouraged to provide full disclosure.

 Some orgs a bit more on the fringe than others..

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Evidently the look of the Raja class is a large obstacle to the TM movement.
Talking with active TM teachers from LA, DC, and NYC they report a substantial
problem for them is while new meditators do like the meditation that it becomes
some lot of work to get meditators to take the CIC/siddhis courses, and Then
once those may come to Fairfield, go on retreats or look further in to the
movement’s Vedic Science web pages and they see the ‘Global Country’ they don’t
come back to the centers and go on. The whole patriarchy thing is too evidently
some strange sect appearing as something of religion of ‘Vedic Science’ of
sorts. A cult? Tone?
 ‘Caste’ is a form of social stratification characterized by endogamy,
hereditary transmission of a lifestyle which often includes an occupation,
status in a hierarchy, customary social interaction, and exclusion. Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Yes, in a way with only a few hundred TM teachers working, this stage now is
more like the later 1960’s and early 1970’s where a few TM teachers fanned out,
were lecturing and a movement in popular culture came of it. Although whence
that movement was about deep rest and mental potential this version comes with
Rajas and Vedic studies.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <r...@searchsummit.com> wrote :

 I think at the height of the Merv wave 50K/month were learning.

 Rick Archer
 Buddha at the Gas Pump
 https://batgap.com