“We will count ourselves successful only when the problems of today's world are
substantially reduced and eventually eliminated and the educational
institutions of every country are capable of producing fully developed
citizens.”

 -Maharishi, from the founding catalog of Maharishi International University,
1974

 > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 > "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
 > >
 > > One sentence!
 > > Version:
 > >
 > > "Maharishi University of Management was founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
 > > to produce more fully developed individuals by developing the potential
 > > of consciousness within every student through a higher educational system
 > > of
 > > Consciousness-Based education giving traditional academic knowledge a
 > > foundation
 > > coupled with the study of consciousness through Transcendental Meditation
 > > and other scientifically validated practices taught by Maharishi Mahesh
 > > Yogi for developing consciousness."
 > >
 > >--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 > >"Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:>
> You know, to get it (MUM's mission statement) down to one sentence took a lot
> of work. It's their words in one sentence that do remain but I had to
> jettison all sorts of their hyperbolic rhetoric and whole sections about
> their life-supporting behavior in alignment with natural law to make it work.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Yep, that perfectionist social and moral TM behavior 'in alignment with
natural law' stuff of course does not work anymore given all that we know now
about their imperfect behavior and the dissonance running with that,(the sex,
money and power). Those later TM-movement sections on behavior don't wash clean
anymore.

 The perfect behavior parts just plain need to be cut out of it to keep the
mission focused on facilitating meditating and consciousness-based education.
The perfect behavior 'natural law' stuff is evidently out the window now in
this day and age of the internet. It gets in the way of consciousness-based
education and meditation. The perfect behavior stick should just be dropped.
It's not supportable alongside consciousness-based education and meditation. >