 This quote can go along with this
 ‘Sit up and meditate’ thread,
 of meditation as something you ‘Do’, of Karma Yoga
 whilst you have a human life..

 “May the universe in some strange sense be “brought into being” by the
participation of those who participate? ..The vital act is the act of
participation. “Participator” is the incontrovertible new concept given by
quantum mechanics. It strikes down the term “observer” of classical theory, the
man who stands safely behind the thick glass wall and watches what goes on
without taking part. It can’t be done." -John Wheeler (Zen Calendar, for today)

 Remember that the longer you practice meditation with intensity, the nearer
you will be to joyous contact with the silent (Unified Field).  Intensity
consists in making every today’s meditation deeper than yesterday’s and every
tomorrow’s meditation deeper than today’s.
 Paramahansa Yogananda, SRF Lessons

  from inside Fairfield's spiritual satsanga

 conversation..

 "The heart chakra in many systems is considered as sort of the crowning jewel
of the human energy system because especially in a place (Fairfield, Iowa)
where we have people who do a lot of meditating a lot of the chakras like the
3rd eye or brow chakras in a lot of mediators are activated, although not
necessarily, funnily enough, it does not always happen that way. But a lot of
times the chakras above the head, your heads, are very developed. TM in
particular does a fantastic job of opening the chakras above the head, that is
what makes that transcendence experience possible. That is also why people
sometimes collapse down in their meditation when they go into deeper states of
their meditation, they actually slump down in meditation a bit because their
energy is actually shooting up and out. Now that is great but it is not going
to live in the world that way.

 The chakras when they are healthy nest with each other one in to the other.
Where we get in to trouble is when we start getting blocks between these
chakras where this can be partial and it is very rare to be complete or you
would be really really sick if they are really truly blocked chakras. But they
can be diminished and that will manifest in certain kinds of conditions,
physical, mental, emotional and spiritual .  So, we want to open those blocks
up.

 In the human energy system there are the chakras that serve as pins that pin
the larger light body to its relationship to this little “meat suit” physical
body .  The chakras are really good at transferring information in and out of
this system. The larger light body moves out and around the physical body. So
when we open these and start talking to them and invite them to talk to each
other then the whole system becomes more activated. This is when some people
reference things like change in aura size, that people come to have large
auras. Why is that possible?  Because their chakras have become un-blocked so
that the energies that are available to it spread out. A lot of people here in
Fairfield actually do have big chakras, and very big auric fields. They can go
out a thousand feet.

 .that the ‘expansion of consciousness’ is great but that to live it here on
earth we need to open up that heart.
 So this is to help with this to move energy in the body and activate certain
areas. All to purpose then the cultivated purpose is to help open connections
between the chakras and clear them, orient them, help them so that they are
spinning in the right direction and that they articulate and communicate with
each other.

 What we want to do is cultivate the strength of our energy body so that we can
take that incredible of development of consciousness and live in the world and
actually live it.  To do that we need to be attending to the condition of this
incredible system that we have that is just waiting to be employed. The easiest
place to influence this is the heart chakra because as the heart goes the rest
of the system will go.

 But if you open up and cultivate this heart how good we feel in that sense of
joy, well being and comfort here. That is a function of the open heart."

 Sit up and meditate, ‘meditation is something you do’..
 Back a few years ago when people were being subsidized with grant money to
stay in Fairfield and meditate with the large group in the Domes some few were
gaming the money system then by just coming in to the Dome meditation and
sleeping. Even on FFL this was called out for what is was, the ‘dozing for
dollars’ program.
 The dullness in slumber consciousness of the group was palpable then.

 Some of us who do sit up while we meditate started the ‘STFU and meditate’
pushback back against this corruption.  Others in an orthodox appeasement were
insistent that slumped over or flat out laying down sleeping for meditation is
an important experience in meditation.

 Mostly you can see that this was just lack of discipline in people’s lives and
It got to be pretty bad for a while. The dozing for meditation sleep-a-tation
became something that TM’ers were being more commonly known for in wider
spiritual circles.

 You’d see TM’ers doing this like an entitlement within the shakti of other
spiritual groups.  TM’er’s use to come in to the darshan area where Ammachi was
transmitting darshan and lay out in front at the darshan hall as this very
spiritual transmission was going on.  Same thing with Karunamayi in her public
meetings. It was such dullness to what was going on, so lame and so obvious as
™’ers taking some entitlement. The saints finally asked in turn that people
stop with bringing the sleep consciousness in and doing that, effectively
stopping it for what dullness it was in the group.

 The people gaming the stipend money got cleaned out of the program and now
there is a lot more sitting up with people attending to their meditation in the
Dome. While this is not orthodox to say it this way, meditating is something
you ‘do’ and evidently one can get really good at over time as everything that
gives well-being in spiritual life is also attended to: good sleep, diet,
exercise, group meditation, and the satsang company we keep.   Jai Guru Dev

 Pulled along by the experience..

 Good observation. In teaching TM I always asked that people themselves in
learning the meditation give it a real go in a regular practice for some time
to see what it does.
 The folks who tended to do this with some discipline were the ones who got on
to deeper benefits and recognized what more meditation does.

 .. was initiating, teaching people some years ago to meditate on that morning
of Sept 11th 2001 and someone from then recently re-contacted expressing a
gratitude in having learned to meditate as a best thing that they have done in
life and that they 'do' continue with TM every day for its benefit. Jai Guru
Dev.

 Regarding TM being something you initially "have to do", In the middle 80s I
had gone with my brother's family to a Connecticut sea resort and wondered into
a bookstore, where I found
 William Glaser's book Positive Addction. According to his research currently 2
groups of people, TMers and joggers, after several months of regular practice
(I think I remember reading over a year) reach a point at which instead of
"pushing" they are being "pulled" by their practice (the expression may not
represent exactly what Glaser writes; my memory may have changed what I read).
I also remember that he expands on some other interesting ideas (again, don't
ask me for details...) which made his book one of the most original I read
about TM. I certainly strongly recommend reading it (after Science of Beomg and
Aft of Living!).

 Eustace

 --
Natal Transits Calculator
http://emf.neocities.org/nt/nataltransits2.html

 Who will come next to revive the TMO?

That is a very good question. There are now a few millennials, 30’s, 40 or so
years old who grew up in this and are now initiators having taught a number of
people to meditate. Some have taught some number of hundreds of people to
meditate. You don’t see them at the top or even given the microphone to run
meetings yet.

  jr_esq writes :
 I got initiated in July 1993 when Chopra was becoming popular and jyotish was
mushrooming  in Seattle, WA and around the country.  That was when KN Rao came
to the USA to teach the ancient science of light.  Ayurveda and amrit kalash
were hot too.

 Then, King Tony was crowned and the rest of the rajahs came.  Who will come
next to revive the TMO?

 Yeah, that was once a core value teaching in TM, 'meditate and act'. Then it
(also) went on to other stuff in the 1990’s with attempt at the resuscitation
of the Vedic Sciences, Vedic culture, sanskrit, faith in astrology, yagyas,
ayurveda, remedies and such. The bad fitting pink saris and conflicted ™. And,
culture. The 'Rajas' and what would seem a relatively small Global Country of
World Peace, https://www.globalcountry.org/wp/
https://www.globalcountry.org/wp/ Jai Guru Dev

 jr_esq wrote :

 Eustace,

 B Gita Chapter II, verse 48 states:  "Yogastah kuru karmani."...  meaning
established in yoga, perform actions.  This essentially is saying that TM is
Karma Yoga.

Eustace wrote :

 I posted here believing someone would have the answer at this fingertips or at
least on a shelf nearby. Clearly this wasn't the case, it seems the book is no
longer popular in Fairfield.,So I did what I had tried to avoid, buy the Kindle
edition of the Science of Being ahd Art of Living, Well here is what I
remembered:

 This explains the significance of action and justifies its status as a path to
enlightenment. This innocent, natural, simple process of perception and
experience—from the outward gross to the inward subtle and Transcendent, and,
from there, again returning to the outward gross—comprises the path of
action^15 for enlightenment.

^15 The Bhagavad-Gītā calls it the Path of Action, or Karma Yoga.

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Science of Being and Art of Living (Kindle Locations
5255-5257). MUM Press. Kindle Edition

 Maharishi plainly states that TM is Karma Yoga. IMHO, every TMer who practices
regularly should sooner rather than later know this.

 In those early for me years, I remember I had added an extra 5 or 10' at the
ebnd of my practice, reading TM books. After Science of Being and Art of Living
and the Commentary, I read Canelakos' book on the early research on TM,
Bloonfeld's book, the cartoon book, and then 2 or 3 more that I came across,
until I realized that the book I was reading was repeating, almost verbatim,
what I had read in the previous book, and I realized it was time to stop. Ah,
yes. And I already had the habit of reading all the footnotes and endnotes,
sometimes the author conveys crucial information in there.

 A few years later I came across the very interesting Glaser's book Positive
Addiction, and the I read 2 9r 3 of Deepak Chopra's books when he was with the
movement.

 I haven't read any other book on TM for several years, and certainly there
have been some well worth reading.

 But, IMHO, new mediators should hot skip the 2 classics, including the
footnots!

 JGD,

 Eustace

--

 . .

 A few,

 As much as ™ itself is said to be effortless meditation it does take some
discipline to do. At the outset it is actually something you ‘do’.

 I have these old cassette tapes from the India TM teacher training courses
with Maharishi, outdoor lectures with crows cawing in the background and such.
He says plainly that ™ does take some concentration (in particular) to do, to
recognize what is going on and ‘do’ the practice, it requires a little action
to do.

 So yes, TM it could be said is ‘karma yoga’. From that standpoint and then all
those old meditators out in coffee shops when they could be meditating, are
just ill-disciplined loafers.. ‘taking it easy and taking it as it comes..’ as
if that is a spiritual practice in itself.

 sharelong60@... wrote :

 According to the concordance, on pg 303 of SofB, there's something on karma
yoga.
 Hope this helps.

 cardemaister offers:
 At least YF seems to be karma yoga par excellence: simultaneous intense action
(karma) and

 "non-action", samaadhi (yoga)??