Spiritual hurt..

 The White Paper on,
 Ethical Misconduct and the Misuse of Power

 “..The hurt that needs to be healed is the result of a teacher mis-using his
power. The hurt extends beyond the teacher and student – it extends to the
family members of those directly involved, to family of those indirectly
involved, and to the entire sangha. The brokenness is substantial; the wound is
deep and cannot be healed easily; the consequences are wide and stretch into
the future."

 "The complainants are not the enemy, but rather are courageous people who are
giving the community leaders an opportunity to restore the integrity of the
teacher-student relationship.

 To bring healing and justice to the community, leaders need to: • Allow/invite
the complainants to give voice to the reality of what happened to them •
Acknowledge the violation of ministerial ethics • Listen with compassion
Protect the vulnerable • Prevent future instances of misconduct • Hold the
teacher accountable • Make restitution • Provide ongoing training on ethical
behavior in the context of the .. spiritual path. “

 The White Paper on .org Ethical Misconduct:

https://www.an-olive-branch.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/An-Olive-Branch-White-Paper-on-Clergy-Misconduct-and-the-Misuse-of-Power.pdf

https://www.an-olive-branch.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/An-Olive-Branch-White-Paper-on-Clergy-Misconduct-and-the-Misuse-of-Power.pdf

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 The absconded ATR credit, it left a mark in how people felt about the movement
when it was taken.. I talked here with someone, another old initiator/gov
recently about this even before hearing this thing about paying down the
mortgage balloon on MIU campus. . That abrupt move, behaving that way taking,
scooping the earned ATR credit was the departure point for this person, ..he
wasn’t going to represent the org as spiritual anymore.

 The episode seemed to add doubt about some things, and for a long time. It was
a type of deep one (impression) for some.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 At the time there was not much of an understanding given for absconding with
the earned ATR credit.
 This explanation about paying the balloon on MIU’s campus mortgage with the
earned credit is a new explanation to my ear to the lost ATR credit.

 It might have gone over a little better if it had been explained in some
greater transparency like this way back then. Often times if people are clued
in more accurately on the numbers they will make a same decision that is being
held close from them. Administrative pursuit without sharing the process grates
at the folks kept out in the dark.

 Recently I was sharing conversation with an old TM community person here in a
grocery store isle.  He was responding to the Dome badge application process
and folks being unacceptable to the guidelines for a Dome meditation badge; he
saying, “Do they still do that?”

 Right after that he quickly exclaimed, “Have they done anything about their
financial transparency?”, “With real financial statements?” and “I’ll never
give them another nickel until they do..”

 I was kind of thinking the money thing had died down some as that level of the
fundraising movement is more removed and small now to the local meditating
community. But woe, no! This last comment was kind of a shocking amplitude
coming from a really lit accomplished old TM sidha here in town.

 The lost ATR credit was a deep one for some people.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Talking, just now, to the wife of an accountant at that time,
 He, the accountant, came up with the idea then..
 ..To use the initiator’s booked ATR credit to pay off a balloon payment coming
due

 On the purchase of the MIU campus then.