Sounds like you are doing TM.  You could even be part of a group TM meditation
along with the Monthly Global Group Meditation that is facilitated by the TM
movement.
 Is it the mantra or the way a mantra is used that is TM?

 In Nepal or back in the Soviet days in the Ukraine there was nothing
individual about teaching them TM meditation then. Even in India today.  The
teaching would get hundreds of people in a room to initiate them in to
meditation as groups. Nothing necessarily ‘individual’ about that other than
how you use the mantra, the practice.

 For instance, I know someone, a TM teacher/ governor, who got a mantra from
Ammachi also in the process while Ammachi is giving darshan, with Ammachi
giving a mantra to this person who was then given the same mantra as their
original TM mantra as a 17 year old TM initiate. This person should not be in a
group meditation programs with other TM’ers?

 Since the 1980’s quite a lot of TM teachers/governors have been seeing Ammachi
and have gotten mantras from or mantas re-freshed by her. Some hundreds from
Fairfield snf other TM’ers in the West.  Quite a lot of who were on the IA
Assembly.
 These people are not doing TM at the least in their practice and should be
rejected from meditating with facilitated group meditations for infidelity? As
non-meditators?

 . .

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Om, so you meditate with the TM technique. Generally this is the real asset
the TM movement has, that the teaching of meditation as process itself is well
done. Thorough enough to set people up even for a lifetime of transcending
meditation.  And then subsequently in life context along with their praying,
chanting or simple silence. The way of perspective that Maharishi set it up as
a tool it is a life skill.

 We have had people who we taught decades ago having contacted us in recent
years expressing how appreciative they are to having learned it in their lives.

 For people who ask about learning to meditate I always urge them to take the
TM course if they can. It is just very well taught and useful perspective on
how to meditate in ways that other teachings can leave cursory. Jai Guru Dev

 Rick Archer writes:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <r...@searchsummit.com> wrote :

 Yes, although I’m using Amma’s mantra, I do it TM-style.

 Rick Archer
 Buddha at the Gas Pump
 https://batgap.com