Q: “I was most interested though in "your take" on her part of the report about
the rash of suicides from 2008-2014 ..and how accurate you thought her
reporting was on that part of the report?
 Thanks Again,”

 Ans:
 Keying on the suicide story there is interesting backstory to the processes of
community here of the meditating community. It is not that there were
necessarily more or less suicides in the meditating community compared to a
general population. State public health people were looking at that too.
Suicides happen all the time in Jefferson County like everywhere, within locals
and Christians too.
 Suicides get handled in particular ways by public health process, law
enforcement and news reporting.  By law they do not get publicly reported in
the papers as such when they happen. A euphemism in the papers for middle age
or young healthy persons reads something like “died at home suddenly” is a
coding that is given.

 Back a few years ago with suicides in a few millenials who were known who grew
up here in the community an ad hoc introspective review was triggered by people
in the meditating community. That whole process in the end brought both
awareness of mental health and better services for mental health to the whole
community at large. It also triggered a review of culture and policies in the
TM movement itself which then articulated a modern mental health policy for the
larger ™ .org and the local university and school.
 There was a lot of process involved over many months of a couple of years. It
was productive in a long run toward bringing together a better modern
understanding of communal mental health and better services for everyone
locally. It is still in process. Culture takes a longer time to move and change.

 I just did a quick search of Fairfield Life to find posts that I put there to
chronicle the processes that occurred in the meditating community around mental
health. These came in to being in the Spring of 2014. A lot of work has been
done from then.

 This is an early post narrating the time from 2014,

 There is a whole sequence of posts from then,

 Summary from 2016

 2015..

 Public meetings 2014

  Reformation and Renaissance
 A narrative of a leadership change in the TM community... (2016)

 #

 Engaging Restorative Justice in Reclamation of Community
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/communal-studies-forum/AM9bhYe1dXI
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/communal-studies-forum/AM9bhYe1dXI

 These can give a little more perspective on the diversity of ‘community’ of ™
here. Some with their own motives caught in culture-wars can be bent on
actively promoting that it is all cult and bad in Fairfield and leave it at
that. A more fair and honest social science on the ground can report that
community is more complex than that.

 A more interesting relevant question becomes, what is ‘communal’ going to look
like in 5 years in Fairfield, Iowa?  Year 2024?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 From Email:

 Q:   “I just "stumbled into" something today ..and I hope some of you will
read it and I encourage any responses - I would love to hear "your take" on
this. The topic is MUM/Suicides and Missing Persons (and other interesting
MUM/Maharishi info).

 I know none of you are big in the TM movement any more ("got what you needed
and moved on" so to speak)  . . and I am not shocked by anything any more, and,
this has created some noticeable "cognitive dissonance" . .  and at the same
time, some "things came together" for me with this as well.

 If you chose to read this far, and read her report below, please consider
letting me know what you think..
 . .

https://www.coreysdigs.com/new-world-order/murder-suicides-missing-persons-at-iowas-maharishi-campus/

https://www.coreysdigs.com/new-world-order/murder-suicides-missing-persons-at-iowas-maharishi-campus/

 A: I just scrolled the length of the thing but did not read it deeply. A
re-mix of things that were ‘gathered’ and put in her blog place. Though the
headlines promote flame the processes of the stories are dated even now. It
seems too simple to just assert it is all ‘cult’ where more interesting and
better things are in the backstories. Those are cultural in context.
 History will have its longer perspective if journalism that gathers the story
now is well gathered, comprehensive and may be not bias now in presentation.
Her journalism it seems is taking the shortcut. It needs a lot more
consideration with people for context and perspective. Her gathering is not the
end of the story yet.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 The blog has all the tell-tale of yellow. Yellow journalism uses eye-catching
headlines for increased sales, vs. reform-minded progressive muckraking
journalism, the blogger leads with eye-catchers, ‘murder’, ‘trafficking’,
‘suicides’, ‘missing persons’, ‘Maharishi’.  On the internet it seems anyone
can be a journalist.