Recognizing the debasing energetics of vices, Vasanas..as they arise is this
whole ‘nother take on.. “ !Repent Sinners! “ as spiritual practice. Guru Dev
cautioned similar awareness of behavior. Jai Guru Dev.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Thanks, this is interesting.  What we have evidently learned in ™ is that
behavior and spiritual state are not so tightly correlated, at all. But also
that the energetics of behavior can affect the bodily vessel of spiritual
state.

 Some time shortly before MMY died I went down to read archives of the Shakers
and looked particularly at their mystic founder, Mother Ann and then how it
went for their spiritual practice movement of village ashrams after her death
which they had built up..

 It dawned on me in reading in to their spiritual practices they incorporated
part of your perspective also in the life of their practices, but primarily
theirs was including a regular meditation like ours and the effect of group
meditative superradiance.

 This repenting (recognizing) immediately a base thought as it arises is an
interesting release to that energy of a thought.. Averting the spiritual
energetic sin-danger of a thought before it arises or lodges further in to the
psycho-spiritual system.

 The Shakers in those days apparently had something going in total.  After the
founding generation had passed away it all became institutional, a lot of work
with no shakti, and people withdrew to something else.

 Some perspective on the Shakers..

 Shaker Meditative Practice
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/communal-studies-forum/0wLtbs5giDo
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/communal-studies-forum/0wLtbs5giDo

 Tyranny in Administration, Shaker Elder Philemon Stewart
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/communal-studies-forum/PXOdRY1SlUY
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/communal-studies-forum/PXOdRY1SlUY

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dbra...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 The six internal enemies are doing more than nipping at our heels.  They are
diseases of the mind, deeply rooted throughout.  For example, as an exercise I
monitor my thoughts during the day.  How many times do I find myself
criticizing others?  How many times do I find myself offering advice that was
just pride in disguise?  It is revealing and shocking.  And what about anger,
greed, lust, etc?

 Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, the 15th century saint (said to be an incarnation of Sri
Radha Rani), distilled his spiritual teaching into three points.
 1.  Be more humble than a blade of grass.
            The blade of grass is continually being stepped on.  It does not
complain.  It just bounces back.
 2.  Be more tolerant than a tree.
             The tree gives shade even to him who cuts off its branches.  It
gives fruit to the person who throws
              rocks at it to retrieve its fruit.
 3.  Always offer respect to others and never expect any in return.

 Perhaps behaviors are the best indicator of our spiritual progress.

 netineti108 writes:

 This may twist a few minds....

 Some of the greatest devotees of Lord Vishnu in history were asuras, Prahlada
and Vibhishana to name two.

 The six internal enemies, called Arishadvargas, are always nipping at our
heels.
 1. kama — lust
 2. krodha — anger
 3. lobha — greed
 4. moha — delusory emotional attachment or temptation
 5. mada — pride, hubris, (being possessed by)
 6. matsarya — envy, jealousy

 What differentiates devatas from the asuras?
 The asuras chase and embrace these qualities, whereas the Devatas shun them
and choose only Jnana(Knowledge) and the Lord.
 Liberated or not in a human form, these dogs are there. Yogis can and do
succumb to them.

 Now think about this...

 Asuras love and chase powers....TMO Siddhi program.

 To take credit for and thinking they are the ones creating positive changes in
the world is "Mada".
 How does attempting to create a World Government with a new currency not fit
into these categories?

 The wise shun the siddhis.

 If one were to study Puranic literature, they would see that siddhis are boons
given by the Gods and Goddess' because of devotion.

 To chase after them to gain powers is an asuric tendency.

 Not judging as I was chasing them as well.