 So, if the devatas are part of our digestive track, could they be part of the
microbiome?  Are they feeding on BHB (beta hydroxbuterate)?

 Ultrarishi,

 My answer is that devatas can be anywhere they want.  They could just touch
the person in order to obtain the "bliss" chemicals they need.  Personally, I
don't know the name of the chemical in question.  ( If anybody knows of the
scientific experiments that were done to isolate this chemical, please let us
know the results of these experiments.) This could be the reason why some
people can see these devatas in their dreams or visions.  Some of these devatas
can give boons for wealth or knowledge in science or esoteric subjects to those
persons who are deserving of their attention.