I have several friends, people I thought would surely know better.  It seems
with MMY gone the “head guru” field is wide open.

And I see once again people are granting themselves phony degrees and calling
each other “dr.”

Sal

> [...]
> they are in it. That is why it is different. It just is.
>
> Not just around which of some Mormons or whoever woo-haw fracturing of some
> group over some alignment, congregations of Christians, literalists or
> whatever they are it is all built on faith, it is just an idea. Of course
> they are going to have schism   How they believe in hell,  whether over foot
> washing or full immersion or other sillinesses of course there is going to be
> schisms with that."
>

> ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote :
>
> In Fairfield conversation..
>
> Q: Schismogenesis in the Fairfield meditating community?
> A: On the superficial level there is some but experientially not so much.
> There are going to be the whack-jobs like (..) that are fractured, the
> mentally fractured. There is mental fracturing as that is described, but yet
> again here he ( elderly demented) is again. He came to Fairfield. Angry
> upset, rejected, and he came back, why?  Because experientially there is
> continuum here, there is understanding here built on that. Experience. There
> is experience.
>
> In community of idea or faith that is one thing in fracture or schism.  This
> is a different idea here than a community of ‘faith’. To a community of faith
> that is one thing to have fracture in faith or schismogenesis or whatever.
>

> Thanks,dbraff8.   You give a good example that is noteworthy in an aspect of
> what is communal meditating Fairfield, Iowa having withdrawn or disaffiliated
> itself from TM.org-Fairfield strictly, either covertly or overtly.
>
> A Lot of people have come and are now gone away and yet there remains in
> community a diversity within a core set of values and practices in
> Transcendentalism that stays on in Fairfield, Iowa. The next five years in
> demography will be more telling about the remains.
>
> There is some, none and all of these gradation of schismogenesis apparent in
> meditating Fairfield, Ia. depending on where you look at it.
> Looking in to the sub-communities, the University, The Global Country folks,
> the ™.org folks, MSAE, the Dome attenders, the meditating community young and
> old out in town and describing them each relative to each other is a feature
> of Fairfield, Iowa. Parsing gradations of schismogenesis within and between
> them becomes narrative in a larger story.
>

> dbraff8 writes:
> Fascinating.  I Googled the author and title to read the entire piece.  I
> taught and practiced TM for over 35 years.  It was invaluable earlier in my
> life.  I look on my spiritual journey as starting with being a devout
> Catholic, experiencing spiritual malaise, finding TM, dissatisfaction,
> flirtation with New Age "vacuity", and finally transitioning to a more
> fulfilling Vedic teaching and practice.  All the steps were valuable.  It's
> sort of like taking a train to a certain point, then switching trains, then
> another.  Each has its purpose and value.

              • ... feste37
              • ... Sal Sunshine salsunshineini...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
              • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
              • ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]