At a time one percent of Great Britain became Quaker meditators.
 Some towns had 10 percent Quakers.
 A spiritual movement fast erupting something like Maharishi’s was late in the
20th Century. Makes for good comparisons... as history repeats itself.

 A mystic,
 George Fox: “And this I knew experimentally.” Radical Spirituality: the Early
History of the Quakers
 ..This is an excellent, important (and free) university course presentation of
substantial material at the foundation of what Quakers are. I am appreciating
this course recently as being well worth the investment of some small time
towards learning or review about Quakers and The Society of Friends..
 https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/quakers
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/quakers?fbclid=IwAR05gmax6oaCgRNcTRWi_saLRDEdxGQsCWcW2eSpcaz9XNOted-lS5hHGdg

 A theme occurring throughout the material:
 “When Fox writes in his journal of his transformational 1647 experience that
he ‘knew this experimentally’, he means simply that he knew this
‘experientially’. He knew this from an experience, not from a text or teacher.”
 “Fox claims that other Christians have focused too much on outward forms and
outward notions, and have lost their way. They are concluded under sin. The
outward creates a barrier between humanity and God. These early Quakers became
very critical of the outward, and their spirituality is focused on the inward--
what we can term as interiorised. We can see this in the form of worship which
Quakers adopted, and in the style of early meeting houses like the one at
Brigflatts.

 They worshipped in stillness and silence, usually for about three hours,
without any outward form or ritual. Everyone was spiritually equal. Everyone
was a minister. Nobody stood at the front, because everyone was fulfilling the
priestly role, one to another.” -B. P. Dandelion, Radical Spirituality: the
Early History of the Quakers