---Yeah but the Fundie's have won the battle (not the long term war).
Since Carter's Presidency, the Fundies have more or less Shangheid the
executive branch of government, with plenty of right-wing big brass
Fundies (even going back to the Reagan era - e.g. Oliver North) ,
secreted in high places within the pentagon, CIA, NSA, etc.
 As to numbers, the TM Movement has almost become extinct but the
fundie Evangelical movement has burgeoned into a humongous powerhouse
of influence. You could probably count the numbers of active TM'ers in
the US in the thousands (a few thousand); but the largest Megachurch
in the US (in Houston- televangelist Joel Osteen) , draws in 20,000
every Sunday.  Even small towns all across the Midwest practically
have a Church for the fundies in every square mile. They're coming out
of the woodwork. Something stronger than TM-ocide spray will be needed
to deal with the pestilence.
 Somebody - some remarkable Guru - must appear on the scene with a
visible demonstration of Siddhis.

>       And Fundie Carter's, Magnum Opus was the big fuck-up in Iran.
 He allowed Ayatholla Khomeni to take power.  I think, he sent just
three helicopters.

bathroom -- however, he now lives in Vedic City when he's not in
Vlodrop -- no word on the marbleness of his toilet.

>   Maharishi was a target of the CIA because he was targeted by that
peanut-farming moron, Jimmy Carter. Rick Archer has posted here before
about MMY's meeting with Carter in the Georgia governor's office not
long before Carter became President (a hilarious scene -- Carter
praying on his knees when MMY walked into the office). Carter felt
that MMY was a threat to Christianity and determined to meet the enemy
and find a way to derail him -- fortunately, like most of Carter's
muddled thinking, the CIA's efforts fizzled out.