Great News!

“Covid-19 Tests Negative: We just received a call from Kris at the Jefferson
County Dept. of Health, and our test swabs were confirmed negative for
Covid-19, Coronavirus.

Kris said that we likely have a variant strain of influenza, which didn't show
on standard influenza tests. The virulent nature of this strain accounts for
the heavy respiratory component - similar to Covid-19.

It's apparently good that we self-quarantined. Although not nearly as dangerous
as Covid-19, such strains also can be dangerous and often account for
fatalities.

We regret any undue alarm that our initial notice created. Over the first 3
days, we had no access to testing (didn't qualify), and had no idea what were
carrying.

Given that our symptoms arose 5 days after receiving our well-traveled
Norwegian visitor, with simultaneous symptoms for both Eileen and me, 3 weeks
after my previous bout of flu (I should have been immune), we felt a moral
obligation to appraise the community.

We're relieved that Fairfield can rest easier now, knowing that no confirmed
Covid-19 has been uncovered in the community.

Eileen and I will now again revert to our dull, obscure lives, yet remain
house-bound for another week at least until this strain of influenza is
completely extinguished.

We are humbled and grateful for the boundless kindness, positive thoughts and
words people have conveyed. Some left remedies and food on our porch, as gifts.

This community is special in the world, and precious.

Thanks again,
Ben & Eileen