--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a rumour (circulating in India), that the source of the
> sudden need for money is that certain business ventures have gone
> wrong. Probably this is common knowledge, known to many already?

In India, MMY's ventures were often not "non-profit," but often for-
profit investmets. The earliest discussions *in public* of the World
Peace funding made that very clear. It's only in the West where
charities are considered the best way to raise money for this kind of
thing, at least according to what I was reading in the PR from the
TMO. Given that, I'm not surprised that there's been a donate to
Peter to pay off Paul scheme going. I heard many years ago that MMY
had a bunch of buildings half-built as part of the original World
Peace pundit facilities with the expectation that the courts would
turn a blind eye to the illegality of the buiildings and license them
for completion. Instead, they've been raized to the ground and the
TMO fined for building without permits, according to newspaper
accounts that I've read.

Likewise, the Maharishi Tower in India was supposed to have $1
billion in funding available, and was cancelled because the
brahmastan is in an active earthquake area.