--- Peter wrote:

> I'd have to look at it again. But I remember whenever
> I looked at it I was always bothered by some aspects
> of it. Do you have a reference?

Unfortunately, no. I spent some time Googling but couldn't
find a study you could read on the web. (I seldom find studies
I can actually read; people like to post references but seem
to withhold the actual papers.) The MUM site cites this:

-----

     Title: Kohlbergian cosmic perspective responses, EEG coherence, and the
Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi program.

     Findings: High frontal alpha EEG coherence correlated with high levels of
principled
moral reasoning and unified cosmic perspective on life.
     NIDICH, S. I.; RYNCARZ, R. A.; ABRAMS, A. I.; ORME-JOHNSON, D. W.; and
WALLACE, R.
K. Kohlbergian cosmic perspective responses, EEG coherence, and the
Transcendental
Meditation and TM-Sidhi program. Journal of Moral Education 12(3): 166-173,
1983.

-----

If you have ready access to a library database, I would think any search under
"Nidich"
would yield results.

Lots of times these discussions about the valitidy of TM research take place in
a vacuum.
No one posts the paper and takes it apart. Instead, I say "It's a solid study"
and someone
else says, "It's flawed." In all my online discussions of TM, I've yet to see
anyone
knowledgeable about science actually deconstruct a research paper. I'd love it
if you, Peter,
or anyone who actually works in a science-related field, would undertake such a
task. As
much as the Western world depends on science, I'm surprised there's no Consumer
Reports for research studies.