> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[snipp]
> My point was that Rajneesh was doing the whole "The CIA has
> infiltrated us" schtick in an attempt to cast blame on some unknown
> entity in order to avoid taking any blame himself for the failings
> of his organisation.  That's another reason I find it SO
distasteful
> that MMY has taken up that same rant: it puts him in the same camp
> as any number of disreputable individuals.
>
> Since 1978 (since, roughly, the public introduction of the flying
> technique) the TMO has been on a downward spiral.  It had, up to
> then, been on an incredible, unprecedented upward surge.  Although
> MMY is 100% responsible for the upward surge and popularity of TM
> until then, he is, equally, 100% responsible for the downward turn.
>
> Had NOTHING to do with the CIA.  It had to do with his own bad
> choices (I will gladly list them upon request but you've all heard
> my rant on this before).
>
> Gosh, even if the CIA HAD infiltrated our Movement, what could they
> possibly have done to hurt it that MMY didn't do himself?

>From where I sit this is one of the most telling of observations
about Mahesh. Thank you. When he ran out of money, he simply invented
something. He had gotten the "guru" gig of chumming the waters down
so well, he could depend upon the gullible/TBs/faithful/greedy to
bite/pay.

When the US didn't bite after 9/11, suddenly there was a
millionaires' course. Now, there's rumour of one last technique. I
suppose, soon, there will be some sort of offering by subscription,
sort of like a life-insurance policy ... when you've paid all the
premiums, then you can pay the course fee (and you own airfair, of
course) and you will get to listen to the special videotape.

Mahesh tended to copy the people he put down; but he did it with his
own special flair for creativity. Yet, where was his creativity
without the people he put down and copied? My first encounter with
this was at Estes Park: he had so many revelations from and about the
Rig Veda, yet he could not have done this without the dictionaries
and gloss from his coterie of translators who told him by night what
the Rig Veda said.

Then there was his familiarity with Yogananda's various techniques,
courtesy of one of our old-time teachers who had been a Yogananda
devotee and spent much time telling Mahesh all the secrets. This
showed up in the A of E techniques and (from what I have been told)
the 6-month courses that expanded on the A of E techniques.

Mahesh saw L. Ron Hubbard as a competitor and suddently we began to
see, after the International Staff became passé, the 108 and then the
MIU/MUM/MERU heirarchies and Purusha and Mother Divine. Mahesh has
said in Seelisberg that if he'd had a few good people like L. Ron
Hubbard, he would have accomplished his world plan long ago.

Always blaming others, the environment, governments, CIA, lack of
money. His list was seemingly endless. I appreciate your insight,
Shemp. Too bad it's been so long ago and I have have forgotten so
many little, telling things.

But the big picture is that Mahesh is the worst thing that ever
happened to TM. I guess that what he said about Lillian Rosen, the AT
lady, applied to anyone who showed competence around him and explains
why he had to get rid of them and put utter dolts in their
place: "when people give advanced techniques, others might see them
as gurus. With Lillian, I know I am taking no chances." Mahesh, the
poster boy for narcissism and greed.

How sad for TM that something that might have, with a competent
leader, turned out to be beneficial instead devolved into an
organization that is only a butt to kick.